How can I have multiple equipment slots for 1 equipment type?

Volrtaw

Question

The journey thus far:

I've had a few ideas on how to limit player ability to help encourage group play in some situations. The one that felt most favorable to me was a spell gem system. Classes will learn numerous spells, but they can only use 10 at a time. 

I have tried implementing this by adding a "gem" equipment type. Im adding a condition to the related spell that requires it to be equipped to cast. What ive run into is that I can have multiple slots for a single type of equipment. So the next thought is naturally to make Gem1, Gem2, Gem3, and I could. But then id have to define how many of each type of spell a player can use, and thats something i dont want to do. Or id have to make 10 different items for each gems spell, not practical. 

ad11597dbbf8b9d91d5c00cb83c81882.pngHere I have two gems on, but each is restricted to being gem 1 type or gem 2 type. 

So Ive been messing with the server config file, it seems that doing this:

"Slots": [
      "Helmet",
      "Armor",
      "Weapon",
      "Shield",
      "Boots",
      "Gem",
      "Gem"
    ],

and Ive also been editing the character window equipment stuff, but even duplicating the Equipment 5, just moves the first equipment 5 to a new location.

doesn't work. It still only allows 1 "Gem" slot and 1 gem equipped at a time. 

How can I equip multiple items of the same equipment type?

-Sorry if this has already been answered. I did not see it when searching.

4 answers to this question

Yeah, without source edits you're going to have to make multiple equipment slots as mentioned above. 

You will probably run into some issues if you don't make a distinction between the different gem slots though. In case people want to equip their gems, but the gem they have is for slot 1 and not for slot 2. 

You can get around this by having a 'Soul Gem' type, 'Body Gem' type, etc.  

4 hours ago, Silix said:

I recommend that you use words like First Gem, Second Gem, Third Gem and so on, because the way you want to do it I think it is not possible without changing the source

Thank you for the input! I will leave the question open to see if anyone else has insight :)

51 minutes ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Yeah, without source edits you're going to have to make multiple equipment slots as mentioned above. 

You will probably run into some issues if you don't make a distinction between the different gem slots though. In case people want to equip their gems, but the gem they have is for slot 1 and not for slot 2. 

You can get around this by having a 'Soul Gem' type, 'Body Gem' type, etc.  

330d21ceef1be8f6a7f00e5be1780c63.png

I now have 10 slots for equips, and 10 gem slots that correspond to the equipment so. Helmet->Helmet Gem, Ring->Ring Gem. I will try and make this system work. Thanks!