More options in dialogs

Yuri

Question

Hello everyone!

At the moment, the editor provides only 4 selection options during the dialogue.  I would like to have 6 or even 8 options.

In the event editor, for example, two additional separate functions could be added: for a Text Box with 6 options, for a Text Box with 8 options.

And of course, additional json files are needed so that all buttons can be edited.

With all this, you can implement various game mechanics with a visual component.

There is another option, but more difficult, or maybe not real.  This is to make a predefined list (json) with all text boxes, which can be many, for different purposes.  In the process of editing the event, you could select the desired Text Box.

Thanks for attention! :14_relaxed:

2 answers to this question

I'm hoping that we could do something like a combo box before going down the route of having 8 giant buttons. A combo box that has been stretched open to allow multiple selections, and a scroll bar would be ideal. I haven't yet looked at the code for how this would function within the event editor, or even if it is possible.. but allowing it to be generated based on how many "select" options are just placed into the combobox would be the goal.

47 minutes ago, Lathander said:

I'm hoping that we could do something like a combo box before going down the route of having 8 giant buttons. A combo box that has been stretched open to allow multiple selections, and a scroll bar would be ideal. I haven't yet looked at the code for how this would function within the event editor, or even if it is possible.. but allowing it to be generated based on how many "select" options are just placed into the combobox would be the goal.

It would be great!  I also want to clarify that depending on the number of selection options, different images should be used.  That is, if the number of options is increased to eight, then an additional 4 images should be added to the gui folder, to those already existing there.

What about what am I planning?

A text box with one option will be used to warn the player about certain actions;  with two options, for example, for game notes or books (accordingly, the background image will be large);  with 3 and 4 options for dialogs with NPC;  5 options for the guild;  and so on.