DOT and Self spell difficulties

Silvershire

Question

Hi all,

I am having difficulties with finalizing some of my spells, I've been fooling around for some time now myself, however cant seem to find the solution!

DOT spell

I cant seem to figure out on how to make a proper poison effect (for ex.). I filled in a damage value, checked the DOT box, added 4000ms Tick and selected Single Target as Target Type. However no DOT for 4 seconds, just a one-time direct hit.

What do I forget or am I doing wrong?

Self spell
I managed to create a friendly buff spell, giving some bonus stats and taunt effect when activated. However, it seems that during the Stat/Effect duration time, my character (due to the self spell I assume) is constantly targeted (forced somehow), and therefore I am not able to attack any NPC in the meanwhile (auto attacks are miss and spells cant be targeted due to automatically targeting yourself).

Any ideas what's wrong with it?

Cheers guys, appreciate your help!
RocknRolla

4 answers to this question

DOT: The tick is 4000ms, so it does damage each 4 seconds. You need to give your spell a duration of at least 8 seconds to see the DoT take effect.

Self spell: You're taunting yourself, so you're forced to attack yourself I guess. Taunt is an effect you should apply to the enemy so they are forced to attack you. Pretty sure it only really works on NPC's

18 minutes ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

DOT: The tick is 4000ms, so it does damage each 4 seconds. You need to give your spell a duration of at least 8 seconds to see the DoT take effect.

Self spell: You're taunting yourself, so you're forced to attack yourself I guess. Taunt is an effect you should apply to the enemy so they are forced to attack you. Pretty sure it only really works on NPC's

Thank you, that was helpfull!

Regarding the taunt effect: is there no way around it? - giving a Taunt effect to a player, so all NPC's are focussed upon him (tank effect)?

On 4/2/2020 at 12:01 PM, Beefy Kasplant said:

Thank you so much bro