Changing IP Address.

Zamboni Jones

Question

Is there a way to manually change the IP address that the server connects to in order to utilize programs like Hamachi? I know the server attempts to handle IP configuration automatically, but at this time in development, I would like to use Hamachi (and the IP address it provides for me), rather than having users connect to my public IP.

I read that changing the IP address in the client/editor config file is how users connect to my server, but is my server also connecting to that IP address as well?

I tried looking around for an answer before asking, but I wasn't exactly able to find anything close to the answer I am looking for...

2 answers to this question

The server listens on all addresses, so inputting the Hamachi address into your client's config is all you need to do.  Your server will still contact our servers through the internet to provide 'useful information' such as your public ip but that can be ignored. If you are unable to connect via the hamachi address that means you have firewall issues on your pc or antivirus programs blocking the connection.