C/C++ How would you refactor this?

Oddly

https://gitlab.com/salemgd/salem2d/blob/feature/game_world/src/system/objects/GameWorld.cpp

Got this file, the code is very C Like written in C++. I feel like there's a lot of repetition in it, but don't know how I would split it up, looking for suggestions. Checkout the Update function and the DrawMask and DrawFringe functions.

Why do you have identical shift map code 4 times with just some index's changed? I dont want to read the math there because im lazy but im sure there is a way to do it programatically.

Also if your to lazy like I am, just make a function take a matrix and pass in the index's. 

7 minutes ago, Mighty Professional said:

Why do you have identical shift map code 4 times with just some index's changed? I dont want to read the math there because im lazy but im sure there is a way to do it programatically.

Also if your to lazy like I am, just make a function take a matrix and pass in the index's. 

That's the point of the post, How can I refactor that?

Each function does different operations for the indexes. It's just a matrix, and one if statement shifts the maps in the current block down, so it clears the bottom 3 maps, moves row 1 to row 2 and row 0 to row 1 than loads row 1, while another function does almost the same thing but shifts maps left, so clear the right side, move col 1 to col 2 and col 0 to col 1 than load col 0. The code seems repetitive but each if statement is doing something else. I wanted to see if I could find a way to move the contents of each if statement into a single function, but wasn't sure how.

7 minutes ago, Mighty Professional said:

Where is get_map_left and get_map_right etc declared? 

It's a function in the Map's header file

SALEM_API std::string& get_map_right() { return m_map_right; }

m_map_right gets loaded from the map's json file.