Dev Blog 06/27/2015 - Sound Implemented

jcsnider

984549685492.png

Sound Implemented

Dev Blog Jun. 27 2015

News/Updates

The title says it all, sounds and music are now working in the Intersect game engine. We've added options to start the game with main menu music and then added the basic functionality of music on each map, along with a global map sound that loops. So you can have some type of adventure tune while hearing the wind blow through the trees, or water drop in caves.

But that's not all! We've also implemented a new version of my tile based sound system. This is an attribute that you can place on a tile in the Map Editor, each tile can have its own sound, and a distance in which you can hear it. When you get close, the sound gets louder and it dissipates when you walk away. In real life, if you are walking past a waterfall you expect to hear it right? That same concept applies in game too! We will get a video of this in action up soon. My laptop without a dedicated GPU isn't happy when I try to stream or record anything these days.

As always, feel free to post comments and questions below! We are excited to hear your thoughts on our progress!