magic in area not working?

Minamoto Yoshitsune

Question

I do not know if it is a bug in the engine or ignorance of mine in the construction of the skill, but when I create an area skill and use it, the animation happens only when it hits 1 enemy, when in fact I would like it regardless of whether or not to hit an enemy that it appears in the whole intended area.
What can I be doing to fix this?

1 answer to this question

On 8/31/2018 at 3:50 PM, SkyZero said:

hit an enemy that it appears in the whole intended area

Here is a demonstration:

a83969e93f1aa5f9c39bb3c8e53276d0.jpg

This is what I understand you want, you can have the animation bigger, add lighting for a cool effect and increase the  hit radius to whatever you want (best to have it about the animation's size).

To achieve this, it is rather simple :) 

Here is what your spell setup should look like:

7995d62afd7b15daed36aeaf7d614ddf.jpg

You can modify every other value to your liking of course. Also, you CAN have a cast time, but it will play the animation as a normal cast animation. 

You can also have a hit animation, it's optional for this but can be actually useful. Let's say your spell is something like "root targets", you may want to have a hit animation with roots coming out of the ground grabbing every single targets and making them unable to move.

In this case the spell freezes targets, you can have the spell deal damage though no problem.

Hope this helps, cheers!