server Onlinelist Server Command

ValiantNorth

Question

If my server has been open for more than a few hours, It begins to collect empty "online" slots in the OnlineList, recently - every time I check in the morning it shows there are like 680 people online and 679 of them are empty slots.... Is this normal?

I'm assuming I just need to reset the server to clear that cache or something? My server has only been up for 4 hours today and I already have 170 empty entries in the OnlineList

5 answers to this question

Hardly a bug, you are making a connection and a connection will show up as someone being ''online'', but since there's no account name related to this connection the spot will remain empty.

What's strange is that this connection is never closed and remains?

Additional Details: This may be a bug? I'm not a big server guy but I do have Server Monitoring up on the IP and Port of the server which is doing queries of the server status every minute. It seems that every time the monitoring service makes a query to my server it shows up in the "onlinelist" server command as a Blank entry. The server query happens every minute and it seems the blank spaces are showing up exactly on the second that the query happens. 

Is it possible that the query to the server shows up as a blank spot in the Onlinelist? If so is there any way to stop this from showing up as every hour I have 60 empty entries in the online list and I don't want to have to reset the server every few hours.

Screenshot_8.png

(Server up-time when this was taken was exactly 15m and 12s)

Yeah that's what I mean, I'm not surprised that the query counts as a connection, that's normal.

It's more or less that the connection remains open in the OnlineList as a blank space, which kind of gets annoying when everytime I check it theres like 280+ blank entries.

Screenshot_9.png

5 hours ago, Chronos said:

Is the software you're using to monitor the server actually closing the connection? It seems to me that it stays open for some reason.

Im using a monitoring service so I would be pretty surprised if the connection was open 688 times.