Error disposing of item graphics.

Recoil

I never had all the exceptions on so I don't know if this was a problem on the original code.  I have tracked this down to InitGraphics I believe. Here is the way this was previously done:

ReDim ItemIcons(0 To NumItems)
        ReDim ItemsGfx(0 To NumItems)
        ReDim ItemsGfxInfo(0 To NumItems)
        For i = 1 To NumItems

ItemIcons(i).Init(New Bitmap(Application.StartupPath & GFX_PATH & ITEMS_PATH & i & GFX_EXT))
            If FileExist(Application.StartupPath & GFX_PATH & ITEMS_PATH & i & GFX_EXT) Then
            Dim bmp As New Bitmap(Application.StartupPath & GFX_PATH & ITEMS_PATH & i & GFX_EXT)

End If

TempBitmap = New Bitmap(Application.StartupPath & GFX_PATH & ITEMS_PATH & i & GFX_EXT)
            ItemsGfxInfo(i).Width = TempBitmap.Width
            ItemsGfxInfo(i).Height = TempBitmap.Height
            _transcolor = TempBitmap.GetPixel(0, 0)

_memStream = New MemoryStream()
            TempBitmap.Save(_memStream, ImageFormat.Png)
            ItemsGfx(i) = New Texture(_memStream)
            _memStream.Dispose()
        Next

Here is the way I am doing it now:

ReDim ItemIcons(0 To NumItems)

For i = 1 To NumItems

ItemIcons(i) = New OrionGfxControl(False)
            ItemIcons(i).Init(New Bitmap(Application.StartupPath & GFX_PATH & ITEMS_PATH & i & GFX_EXT))

Next

I am using my control to make the icons.  It either has something to do with that, or this:

Does the (0 To NumItems) & (For i = 1 To NumItems) supposed to be the same?  If so I believe all of the init's are off in graphics.

I will check shortly, but because there is no item(0) then it cannot dispose of the item.  As soon as I made that a 1 the problem stopped.  Of course I have more errors, mostly related to the connect, but that is another thread.  I will update this when I can.

Yeah that makes sense. You didn't post the disposal code that was causing the error to appear. You are correct, since you never assign item index of 0 to anything, by removing it from your disposal loop you resolved the issue. Goodjob!

I totally forgot about the disposal code...

For i = 1 To NumItems
            'If Not ItemsGfx(i) Is Nothing Then ItemsGfx(i).Dispose()
            ItemIcons(i).Disposer()
        Next

The commented out part is how it used to do it.  I left it in just in case there were any problems with my class drawing the items and spells.  My class file cuts down about 200 lines of drawing code I had for all of my panels...it make putting new panels in so much easier.

I have 103 images in my items folder...here is the code that pulls them:

Public Sub CheckItems()
        Dim i As Long
        i = 1

While FileExist(Application.StartupPath & GFX_PATH & "Items\" & i & GFX_EXT)
            NumItems = NumItems + 1
            i = i + 1
        End While

If NumItems = 0 Then Exit Sub
    End Sub

So yeah, I think because there is never an ItemGfx(0) then it was just going to keep with the error.  But a heads up to anyone else running into this issue.