Spell overpowered?

Gallus

Question

Hello, I am trying to add a spell. I've gotten it added but, how do I scale the damage? Currently it 1 hits my test npc. I'd like to make the damage to be in a range from 0 - 3 only.

Also, I've set the casting requirements to need "runes" (my game is inspired / modeled after RuneScape (yeah...) ) but, is there a way to delete items upon casting the spell?

8b79fc503a672bc0784bf3622a0e8883.png

3 answers to this question

1.- You currently are scaling your Attack Stat by 100%, so it will add on top of that 1HP damage, all the Attack Stat of the player. If you set the scaling to 0, i think it should do only the 1HP damage you are looking for.

2.-B6 has a checkbox where you can make a spell type item a quickcast, and you can destroy that item upon use,that way you can do the rune type of item.

8262cc7a05256d8a7abf02c17fd95001.png

50 minutes ago, davidsaid06 said:

1.- You currently are scaling your Attack Stat by 100%, so it will add on top of that 1HP damage, all the Attack Stat of the player. If you set the scaling to 0, i think it should do only the 1HP damage you are looking for.

2.-B6 has a checkbox where you can make a spell type item a quickcast, and you can destroy that item upon use,that way you can do the rune type of item.

8262cc7a05256d8a7abf02c17fd95001.png

Thank you for the info!

I'm going to assume that you can't destroy multiple items on cast?

If not then I'll just add a new mechanic to the game to craft spell tabs from runes lol.

27 minutes ago, Gallus said:

Currently it 1 hits my test npc. I'd like to make the damage to be in a range from 0 - 3 only.

but, is there a way to delete items upon casting the spell?

These seem to be 2 different questions so I'll answer them separately.

1) This is probably because your NPC has 0 or 1 health.

2) This requires the spell to be an event type spell, instead of a combat spell.

I'm not sure if you mean like projectiles though. If you do, then they are available in the projectile editor.