Image into tiled map?

Gallus

Question

Hello, I am curious if there is a way to turn a pixel image, into a tilemap with intersect. I've got an image of my entire world map, and it would be AWESOME if I would be able to just convert it. Obviously the tiles would need to be fixed into what I want them to be but, just being able to convert the map into a tilemap would be a huge time saver for me. I've already spent over 4 days mapping out 1 small town.

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Skaveron said:

Pyxel Edit supposedly has a function that converts maps in to tilesets, although I haven't used it myself. Might be worth looking in too?

I just went ahead and enlarged my image so that a 32x32 pixel group is the size of 1 tile, and now im just slicing the image to transport into the game as a tileset =3 works like a charm

Guest SherwiN

It works like a tileset.. just place the pixel image (must be divisble by 32) and select the whole part, if you can't.. you can do it partially, then place it on map..

if you don't have skills at programming and you don't have time to learn it, then focus on game developing on improve your skills further.

Edited by SherwiN
Removed the condesending comments and warning issued.

20 minutes ago, SherwiN said:

It works like a tileset.. just place the pixel image (must be divisble by 32) and select the whole part, if you can't.. you can do it partially, then place it on map..

4 days 1 small map? well i can do 1x 50x50 town map (rpgmakerxp tileset) for 1-2 hrs ..

if you don't have skills at programming and you don't have time to learn it, then focus on game developing on improve your skills further.. if you don't have time to improve your skills, then give up..

Not one small map, one small down, which is over 100 map squares big. Lot of detail haha.  And thanks for that insight.

Also, I've got a bachelors in computer science, and have been working on game development for quite some time, plus, I'll never give up haha!