problem with paper dolls and attack animations

usirname

Question

hello, i recently upgraded from version 0.7.0.139 to 0.7.1.86 and the animations and paperdoll's i created are not working as they did in the older version

i cant find anything anywhere about it, does anyone know what is happening here?

this first video is version 0.7.0.139

below is version 0.7.1.86

im sorry for the size of the videos i couldn't figure out how to restrict the size of them, i have resized them but it expands to screen size automatically or something...

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, usirname said:

привет, я недавно обновился с версии 0.7.0.139 до 0.7.1.86, и созданные мной анимации и бумажные куклы не работают, как в старой версии

Я нигде не могу найти ничего об этом, кто-нибудь знает, что здесь происходит?

это первое видео версии 0.7.0.139

ниже версия 0.7.1.86

извините за размер видео, я не мог понять, как ограничить их размер, я изменил их размер, но он автоматически увеличивается до размера экрана или что-то в этом роде...

Sorry for my question, but can I ask how you made such an attack display? I tried something and it didn't work out.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to attach an image here, we have a paperdoll, but we don't know how to fasten the attack animation (or the standard one is unnecessary), well, in the database of items, we made this image for weapons.

oh no problem 

the sword on the video i posted has 3 separate sprite sheets saved in the paperdolls folder, inside resources

sword01 -- standard 

sword01_idle -- it changes to this one when you stand still for a bit

sword01_weapon -- then this one when you attack

i think if you write _weapon after your sword name it will fasten the animation to your sword everytime you attack

however i will say, that after i updated to the newest version it is looking like something is off

22 hours ago, usirname said:

если вам нужна дополнительная информация, просто спросите, и я постараюсь помочь

To put it simply, I can't even imagine what these 3 photos, sprites, should look like. since another person did it to me and just a standing image with a weapon and the type of weapon when you put it on and that's it.

10 hours ago, Relax said:

To put it simply, I can't even imagine what these 3 photos, sprites, should look like. since another person did it to me and just a standing image with a weapon and the type of weapon when you put it on and that's it.

they can look any way you wish, can i suggest too you this, if you take your character sprite and make a search on google for a website called piskel, it is a free online sprite editor and its really good! import you character sprite then add a new layer and draw something over the first character on your sprite, doesn't matter what you draw really, you should save these 2 sprites as separate sprite sheets, name the character image after your favourite superhero and put it back in the entities folder, inside intersect, then your only left with the doodle you just created, try to give it a cool ability name to match your superhero's traits, you should then save the drawing in paperdolls

ill break this into 2 parts for easy peasy reading, if you like tea or coffee now would be a perfect time to grab one sit back and have some sips, because we are nearly done, i suggest we move on to part 2 now? if you would follow me to the next paragraph we shall get started on the next steps,

hey there, if you're reading this you have arrived safely, which is good, shall we proceed, next step open the intersect editor and create a new item, under general select the type equipment, i suggest setting the base damage of your new weapon over 9000if you scroll way down and you see paperdoll click it and select the drawing you created earlier in the free online sprite editor, piskel, click save, and we are done! if you equip your new sword and face down,

you will see your awesome new creation, experiment and play around, the possibility's are endless! now all you do is create another 15 sprites for the rest of the characters on your superhero spritesheet and you will have a weapon, but that's all, it wont work until you create a new sprite sheet by loading up piskel and duplicating your new sword sprite sheet, i suggest posing your new sword around your character , this time its for an attack so get creative! 

after your done all you do is save the new new sword, and name it after your first new sword except at the end add _weapon, for example if i chose the name for my new sword id have named it omnilingualism, because my weapon would be named after an ability my favourite superhero deathstroke aka slade wilson would use, example: sprite sheet number 1, sword name omnilingualism, sprite sheet number 2 sword name omnilingualism_weapon,

put them together inside the paperdoll folder, inside intersect, and when you use your weapon something magical happens inside the interesect engine and it automatically changes the sprites around depending on what your character is doing!

if you get stuck send me a message and i will send you some sprites to look at, you will see what im saying is hella simple, when you know, all it is really is a time consumer, i will admit tho the end result makes it all worth the time and effort imo,

12 часов назад, Usirname сказал:

если вы возьмете спрайт вашего персонажа и выполните поиск в Google для веб-сайта под названием Piskel , это бесплатный онлайн-редактор спрайтов , и это действительно хорошо! импортируйте спрайт первого вашего персонажа,  затем добавьте новый слой и нарисуйте что-нибудь по вашему персонажу на следующий спрайте , не имеет значения, что вы на самом деле рисуете, вы должны сохранить эти 2 спрайта как определенные списки спрайтов , назовите изображение вашего персонажа в честь любимого супергерой и поместите его обратно в папку сущностейВы должны сохранить рисунок в paperdolls

я разобью это на 2 части для легкого чтения, если вы любите чай или кофе, сейчас самое время откинуться на спинку и сделать несколько глотков, потому что мы почти закончили, я предлагаю перейти к частям 2 сейчас? если вы последуете за мной к следующему абзацу, мы начнем возможные шаги,

приветствую, если вы читаете это, значит, вы благополучно получили, и это хорошо, давайте продолжим,  пересмотрите подходы к выбору  диапазона редакторов границ и создайте новый элемент, в разделе «Общие» выберите тип снаряжения, я предлагаю установить базовый урон  вашего нового более оружия 9000 если вы прокрутите вниз и увидите бумажную куклу, нажмите на нее и выберите рисунок, который вы использовали ранее в бесплатном онлайн-редакторе спрайтов, пискель, нажмите «Сохранить», и все готово! если вы экипируете свой новый меч лицом вниз ,

Вы увидите свое удивительное новое творение, экспериментируйте и играйте, возможности безграничны! теперь все, что вам нужно сделать, это создать еще 15 спрайтов для местных жителей на следующий лист спрайтов супергероев, и у вас будет оружие, но это все, оно не будет работать, пока вы не создадите новый лист спрайтов, загрузив пискель и продублировав свой новый спрайт меча. лист,  я предлагаю вашему вниманию новый меч вокруг вашего персонажа, на этот раз для атаки , так что проявите творческий подход! 

после того, как вы сделали, все, что 

Yes, if it doesn't bother you, I would like to see how it all looks in general) weapons on the character and attack animation, etc.

On 11/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, Relax said:

Yes, if it doesn't bother you, I would like to see how it all looks in general) weapons on the character and attack animation, etc.

ok sure, i apologise for the late reply Relax, i can show them to you no problem, can i ask you do you have a base model character? and if so does it have some attack animations?