How to make the door open and close?

18jonatas18

Question

2 answers to this question

Firstly to answer your question, you place an event tile on the tile where the door is, you make it impassable then set the condition to be Player Use (I think) then you set a global variable (if you want other players t see the door animating, if you don' then use a player variable so only that player can see it) to have the door open/closed and you change the door animation depending on the variable.

Β 

Secondly to add my opinion, after playing Arcwyre, it's a nice idea but it just slows the player down from going inside a building (it's doubly frustrating if you accidentally leave a building as you now have to wait the 1-2 seconds for the door to open.) I would recommend that instead of having it done on player interaction (which just adds a frustrating and inconvenient 'feature' for the player) you should have the tile automatically open the door when a player steps on the tile. I personally would rather doors open when I walk past the shop than have to open every single door to get inside a building, one is an inconsequential thought of "oh that's weird, I wasn't even going inside, lol" and the other is a negative thought of "that's really annoying."