Newboot Newman

Question

6 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, antarcticPuppy said:

Umm, so you have class A mage, or something and you wanna be class B to test B spells? Make event changing the class @Newboot Newman

I think he wants updates made to a class in the editor to automatically reflect on existing characters in-game. Currently that doesn't happen.

I think making an event that adds the spells you want to test to the character's spell books is your best bet.

Just now, Skaveron said:

I think he wants updates made to a class in the editor automatically reflect on existing characters in-game. Currently that doesn't happen.

I think making an event that adds the spells you want to test to the character's spell books is your best bet.

Ah, well he'd at least have to re-log I mean, it's kinda foolish to re-do important stuff while the players are in. I don't think it can cause de-syncs but who knows? It's still not a good way to test stuff.

@antarcticPuppy Nope, my question is, I have a mage class, and i create a character , but than i decide ok i want this class to have x spell at level 1, so i add the spell to the class and when i log in the character i created before the spell doesn't apple. but any other character i create in that class down the line does have the spell.  My concern is down the line that if i have a few buddies playing and I decide to change a class, or add a spell as a quest reward, the spell wont apply to characters that are already created.

Just now, Newboot Newman said:

@antarcticPuppy Nope, my question is, I have a mage class, and i create a character , but than i decide ok i want this class to have x spell at level 1, so i add the spell to the class and when i log in the character i created before the spell doesn't apple. but any other character i create in that class down the line does have the spell.  My concern is down the line that if i have a few buddies playing and I decide to change a class, or add a spell as a quest reward, the spell wont apply to characters that are already created.

I see. Then Skaveron have right, you need to make a special event that adds spell to the character. It's because when you add stuff it doesn't get added to the database, not possible to do without event until source get's realsed.