Problem with spells cooldowns in cooldown group

ThePandaBacon

Question

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum (and to the engine, which I think its absolutely brilliant!). I'm trying to make that all the healing spells share cooldown (so players won't equip more than one healing skill at the same time to abuse extra healing).

In the spell editor, I've created 2 spells: one has 17 seconds of cooldown, the other one has 28s. Both of them are in the same cooldown group called Healing.

In the server configuration file I've make sure that MatchGroupCooldowns is True.

When I use any of the spells, yes, they both have cooldown and that's exactly what I wanted, but now HOW I wanted: if I use the skill of 17s cooldown, it will have 28s of cooldown (I assume because it's matching the highest cooldown in the group "Healing"?). I've updated in the server configuration file the MatchGroupCooldownHighest to False, but that doesn't seems to fix the problem.

Am I doing something wrong? My intention is that, when I use the 17s cooldown skill, all healing skills will have 17s of cd, and if I use the one of 28s, all should have 28s of cd. Is it possible to do?

Please let me know if anything is unclear, I struggle a bit with English so I hope that what I said makes sense haha

1 answer to this question

Ah silly me, sorry guys, I realized I was editing the wrong config file (I was editing the backup by mistake)

Anyways, in case anyone needs to do that thing with the cooldowns, editing the correct file as I said I did above WILL work with no issues!

Sorry again