[VB6] Kevin's Engine - 2D MMORPG

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

If we're talking here about Prospekt Engine, I have to say, do not use it!

It has weird deep bugs, and can't handle too many players, I achieved like 80 players online before triggering the weird bugs.

First what happened when I hit a fair number of players, is that they couldn't see maps anymore then they couldn't see themselves anymore, just a black background, no matter what I tried, even with 30 players online there were numerous crashes,  Thomas aka deathbeam told me there are some stuff he didn't fix and doesn't know how to.

Second, after a few minutes they couldn't log in anymore, then eventually not even me as an Admin, because my Admin account banned itself, which is weird af.

Then the whole engine went ape shit, and got error after error, lost my game and my players.

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@dr.house  i'm curious what game was this?

Paradisia Online, I got my players from a Trickster Online community, they were in search for a game like Trickster, so I gave them something similar.

Had like 200 accounts created, which to me was pretty nice, and the group was active, since what happened to the engine and my game, I never put my hands and never will on a VB6 engine.

Edit: I first called it Retro Trickster Online.

5 hours ago, Chronos said:

It looks similar, but is it really? Can we compare the two beyond just graphical appearances before blaming the guy for ripping someone off?

The Icon says it all. I'm sure there's tons of original code as well, but it's being built on top of an old version of Prospekt.

Nice engine man really.But Skyward is right. Give credit to the engine that was based off an engine, that was based off an engine, that was based off an engine, that was based off an engine, that was based off an engine, that was based off a rough edit of an engine, he wants his name in vb6 history.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a graphical artist which help me to design the new engine.

Updates on new features coming soon once they got some good looking graphic and own graphic.

You can send me info via PM

Game engine looks nice and slick. I think it's a good idea putting together all different engines into one big engine, the features would go nicely. However it is VB6 which people disagree with. (I personally don't see a problem with it!) Anyway, good luck on your project.

48 minutes ago, Essence said:

Game engine looks nice and slick. I think it's a good idea putting together all different engines into one big engine, the features would go nicely. However it is VB6 which people disagree with. (I personally don't see a problem with it!) Anyway, good luck on your project.

no problem with it? try increasing your max again then... 8)

or ya know... get it to compile? xD

I have edited the Thread with new Information. Since Robin released his Source Code from Crystalshire i used this Engine as a base to put in my features i working on. So i have added stuff like a Quest System, Instanced Maps, Dungeon Finder/Browser, Matchmaking System etc. Since i cant post that much pictures here, i will do later on a Youtube Video where i explain and show all features i put in into the Engine. 

I repeat it here again, since people dont understand what i write. All graphics you currently see in the screenshots belong to Crystalshire, since i focus on the new systems, new graphics come later on.

If you have any question about the systems i wrote in the list and how it works im free to answer you or give you a sneakpeak on it.

• 2 weeks later...

bmm5xks6.png

3x4nva5e.jpg

Short preview from the upcoming Dungeon Browser System with following features.

• You can edit maps into instanced maps and make them to a dungeon map
  • once it's a dungeon map, it shows in the dungeon browser, with all infos you put it
  • You can Enter the dungeon alone or with your group by pressing "Enter Dungeon"
  • You can look for a group by pressing Find Group

The group finder will look for an open group who also looks for other players to play the dungeon and let you join you automatically.