My concern.

Sekiguchi Okitsugu

Yea once again I cant help but think this topic is out of place because up to this point I have witnessed zero of this type of behavior occur on AGD. Seems like a silly child's topic to stir up some noise or something. Everyone here thus far seems to have a very appropriate attitude when critiquing other peoples work and are very friendly...

Good lord, I think you all just need to put on your big kid pants.

If something is obviously rude or inflammatory, report it.

If the staff thinks that it's not punishable (i.e. it's actually just honest criticism), they won't do anything about it.

You're all getting worked up over nothing. Stop being so sensitive, and just continue on being members of this awesome community. We've been doing just fine with managing expectations and handling abuse. Chill.

Some of you seem to think this is a reactionary topic and therefore "useless."

However it seems from my perspective that this is a proactive post that aims to address the topic whilst the community is still young so we can kind of gauge where everyone sits on the matter before something like this begins to occur and to also reaffirm that we're not generally going to accept the behaviour in the future. If you don't like the discussion, by all means you're free not to post here, but isn't commenting "this thread is pointless" just detrimental to the stability of the forum? I mean, one could say that by doing that you're being negative and doing exactly what the thread was started to address and ultimately prevent.

@SkywardRiver Your comment didn't annoy me- the mentality that people should restrict themselves from speaking because someone might get offended is what annoys me. It was highly prevalent back on Eclipse towards the end- in reality it was always there, but Amish really brought it into the foreground and started cracking down on it, whereas before it was kinda passed over/contextual and he started handing out bans, warnings and mutes to everyone for speaking their mind because their opinion was negative and he didn't want the little kids to quit the community because their feelings got hurt. SOME of the Moderators -I won't mention names since one of them seems to be a Moderator here also- enjoyed this free reign to use their power as much as they want and get their jollies suppressing dissenting and negative opinions under the guise of "creating a positive environment."

I agree with @Kem that it's good to discuss this among the community and I'd say @Chief summarised it best:

1 hour ago, Chief said:

If something is obviously rude or inflammatory, report it.

If the staff thinks that it's not punishable (i.e. it's actually just honest criticism), they won't do anything about it.

People should be allowed to give criticism, just don't be a dick about it for the sake of being a dick.

End of discussion for me. 

On 9/6/2016 at 7:21 PM, Sekiguchi Okitsugu said:

Hi people,
This is actually my first time posting a thread like this. 
Anyway, I have a concern. I absolutely hate it when someone posts something in a thread saying that a person's game sucks, without saying anything good about it. I mean some people might take it wrong when someone says "Um, you work sucks so much. You really must edit." This type of post could lead to people leaving this forum. Do we want that? Do we really want people to start crying(no offence to anyone) because someone hates their game? 
This is my concern. I suggest people should post something like this:

1. First, say something good about their game.
2. Second, say what you don't like about their game.
3. Third, say something they should edit.
... In a nice way(I mean no swearing, people may take it the wrong way).
I'm not gonna mention any names, but this is what I feel for the people in this forum. Also, please don't take this post the wrong way as well. I'm not trying to be an admin telling people the rules blah blah blah. This is just a concern.

Seki at your service,
cheers.

I entirely agree with you, Seki. And it is amazing someone cares about other ages, and you put a lot of effort. Thank you. 

I leave for a month and already... look I think it's pretty accepted that this topic has no purpose. Everyone should use their common sense and give actual constructive criticism. What I don't think should happen is all this sugar coating. When I write criticism or when anyone gives criticism it really shouldn't be putting the creators feelings into perspective. Although all this has been said before making this post absolutely pointless but who cares. I'm back for a day or two and then I gotta go back to the books. I really want to emphasize the point of, I really don't care if you get upset because I criticized your work I nor anyone else is here to be your parent, we're here to help you improve.

criticism is welcomed, if you can make it hold truth.

just saying oh my god, you suck kekeke!!111, will get you a nice fat warning :)

as far as I'm concerned, this topic is done, I would like to close it, but hee, ill leave that to the bosses :P

as far as I'm concerned, this topic is done, I would like to close it,

Why would you close a post that's creating a discussion? No one is flaming, no rules are being broken. So it seems like you want to close it because you don't want to post here anymore?

I'm enjoying reading people's thoughts on this. This is one of the most active posts and as long as it's kept civil, I don't see the logic in closing it to further replies.

Off-topic-

Hey Damian, Is "vitals" an array in Orion+? ?

I know its still civil, it just has no purpose in my opinion, but hee...

I didn't close it now did I? :P

offtopic:

no, its a enum:

' Vitals used by Players, Npcs and Classes
    Public Enum Vitals
        HP = 1
        MP
        SP
        ' Make sure Vital_Count is below everything else
        Vital_Count
    End Enum

14 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

I know its still civil, it just has no purpose in my opinion, but hee...

I didn't close it now did I? :P

offtopic:

no, its a enum:

' Vitals used by Players, Npcs and Classes
    Public Enum Vitals
        HP = 1
        MP
        SP
        ' Make sure Vital_Count is below everything else
        Vital_Count
    End Enum

Yeah. I'm getting Index out of range, which is an error that means somewhere there's an array with too much in it- any idea where this array is?

Okay this topic is going off track now, make a new topic if you're going off topic. Back on topic, I think we do see a vast majority in opinions on the side on the "the system in place is fine just don't be a dick". If people would like, I can setup a poll rather than assumptions based off posts? 

My two cents on this.

A;

1. If you are going to build a game, you need to toughen up and take the criticism.

2. If you can't take the criticism, don't build a game.

3. If you build a game and can't take the criticism, don't post your game.

4. If you build a game, post your game and can't take criticism, then, well, you made a dire mistake in ignoring rules 1-3.

1-4 Analysis and Precognitive Action: Add a rule of thumb to Game Sticky Threads, "Don't post if you can't take Criticism".

B;

1. If you post Constructive Criticism, good on you, fellow Forumite.

2. If you post Criticism, flesh it out to be Constructive.

3. If you don't flesh it out, be prepared for a possible warning.

4. If you are just shitposting, prepared Uranus for an Impregnating Penetration from the Hammer of Forums.

1-4 Analysis and Precognitive Action: Post a rule of thumb to Game Sticky Threads, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."

8ba6d61c062cc5bba0c5cdc87f2a8c00975e1d75

"... Or else, except a banhammer."

23 minutes ago, Chief said:

Not all constructive criticism has to be "nice". Not everything is rainbows and cupcakes and teenage pregnancy. Sometimes you need to be brutally honest in order to get your point across. As long as it's constructive, and you're not just flamebaiting, I see no reason for it to be any less valuable.

Precisely my point. As long as it's constructive and not plain nasty, you're good to go.

Also HI CHIEF

1 hour ago, Azkanan said:

Hide contents

8ba6d61c062cc5bba0c5cdc87f2a8c00975e1d75

No. I'm against this mentality. This is basically what a safespace is. A place where people don't say anything unless it's good.

@Kibblez I think it's fine as it is now also. I'm just hoping that in the future, there's no admins going nutso and muting/banning people like Agora did on Eclipse because they said something in a negative way.

2 hours ago, Kem said:

No. I'm against this mentality. This is basically what a safespace is. A place where people don't say anything unless it's good.

@Kibblez I think it's fine as it is now also. I'm just hoping that in the future, there's no admins going nutso and muting/banning people like Agora did on Eclipse because they said something in a negative way.

The picture was a funny. I don't do soft touches. Ask Kibbelz.