Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PixelFox

Gem Launcher + Game Patcher

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Whitespirits It is possible but requires quote to redo everything so in short no. tldr: No

 

Just needs a dummy resource\config.xml file so if you create that, then this will work for anything. In Launcher config rename "Intersect Client" with "Your Game Client.exe" without the .exe extension.

 

Also note, (FEATURE REQUEST), that this will not create a folder so if a folder does not exist it needs to be created before launching the patcher or your files will not save locally.

 

Just tested with an app I developed and works fine. Although now I need to tweak this and remove the Check Box for full screen, Edit Boxes for Resolution and Frame cap, and music sliders, but thats easily done with some NOPs :)

 

Is source available? this is very easily convertible into a stand-alone all-around patcher.....

 

Thanks for tool I'll use it as-is if necessary for now (albeit everything I do with this will have a resource\config.xml file even if not intersect lawlz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 1:39 PM, Whitespirits said:

will this work with other engines? like Orion and Eclipse? I love the fact its a server and we don't need to upload to FTP :P

 

This will only work with the saving method that JC's engine uses. I may make it work with over engines at some point. but as PhenomentalDev said, it would reqiure me to start from the ground up and change the saving method.

 

10 hours ago, Diefool said:

 

Just needs a dummy resource\config.xml file so if you create that, then this will work for anything. In Launcher config rename "Intersect Client" with "Your Game Client.exe" without the .exe extension.

 

Also note, (FEATURE REQUEST), that this will not create a folder so if a folder does not exist it needs to be created before launching the patcher or your files will not save locally.

 

Just tested with an app I developed and works fine. Although now I need to tweak this and remove the Check Box for full screen, Edit Boxes for Resolution and Frame cap, and music sliders, but thats easily done with some NOPs :)

 

Is source available? this is very easily convertible into a stand-alone all-around patcher.....

 

Thanks for tool I'll use it as-is if necessary for now (albeit everything I do with this will have a resource\config.xml file even if not intersect lawlz)

 

Ill see what I can do about creating folders, Seem quite a useful option to have, keep a eye out for future versions, I may include this feature.

 

4 hours ago, thomvs said:

Is it just me or is there no MFA directory in the 0.0.7 download ?

Or was the source removed ?

 

 

Yeah sorry I just noticed that I didnt include it in the zip file. No matter, I shall fix that soon. I will warn you, Im a messy coder and its abit messy in the inner workings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, QuoteFox said:

 

There should be a source in every zip, the newest version however is missing the source files. I forgot to put them in. I'll fix it soon.

Yup, sure is LOL thanks a billion

 

as far as being a messy coder, it makes the experience more enjoyable :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, QuoteFox said:

 

 

Sorry about that guys and gals, heres the download to the 0.0.7 MFA source files

 

You, sir, are a God! Thanks a ton

 

EDIT: Sorry about the MFA question, I see it's linked in the OP. Great, I get to learn yet another programming language/ide! That isn't sarcastic, btw, I'm serious. Trying to expand my reach outside of the shitty world of BASIC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Diefool said:

You, sir, are a God! Thanks a ton

 

EDIT: Sorry about the MFA question, I see it's linked in the OP. Great, I get to learn yet another programming language/ide! That isn't sarcastic, btw, I'm serious. Trying to expand my reach outside of the shitty world of BASIC.


Haha, I been using Multimedia fusion, most my life. Its LUA based, but I really love the program because as you may of noticed. I don't write so good!

 

Its basicly cause and effect the game/program developer. :D

 

The MFA file should beable to be open in the DEMO/TRAIL version of the program if you dont wish to pay for the program to open the source files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Phenomenal, That's a terrible thing to say ;)

 

Does not work in trial, I'll use as-is and whip something up in C# later this is definitely nice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update - If anyone still uses this program, it will work with the new intersect version (Intersect Engine Beta 4.2)'s save system, old downloads removed as they no longer work.

 

Feel free to post any ideas or changes you want. Sorry for necro posting but I think the update is well needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2017 at 12:04 AM, PixelFox said:

Update - If anyone still uses this program, it will work with the new intersect version (Intersect Engine Beta 4.2)'s save system, old downloads removed as they no longer work.

 

Feel free to post any ideas or changes you want. Sorry for necro posting but I think the update is well needed.

while you work in it, they can use my launcher, probably i dont gonna update it much more but works for 4.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×