Murdoc

Pre-Release Nightmare

344712a4bd7d08fb20a69e7f24142d34.png

Hi everyone. This is the official thread for Nightmare, a survival mmo game with werewolves. That's right werewolves. The whole concept basically goes like this. During the day, you can kill, level up, craft, trade and go on quests like any normal mmo. However, at night most of the world becomes a dangerous PvP battleground. The only way to opt of battle is to try and hide. If you die while in the wilderness you will lose most of your gear. So banking often is a good idea. 

As an added perk there are also 4 Werewolf Packs in which you can join after completing the main quest line. Quests can be Day or Night associated quests respectively. And NPC mobs that are more threatening survive at night. It will take your werewolf abilities to take them out. In the day you work for the Royal Guard, completing missions for King Ratticus while in human form to keep trust. In the night you can capture Forts and Resources, and elect a Pack Leader from your pack. This leader will attempt to gain control of the monarchy by becoming Alpha and gaining complete world domination for his pack. The next Alpha in line is determined by the strongest pack.

Character Customization:

At the beginning of the game you can choose from one of four classes: Warrior, Assassin, Sniper and Mage.

Players will also have a wide variety of gear to choose from, and various hair styles to make their character unique:

44407ec8196e3fbb862630615269a7a4.png

There are also different colors for each of the 4 Werewolf packs you eventually choose from.

fPU4pg6.png 1zRz9Ko.png  lPq10t3.png k2FIxNe.png 

Media

Spoiler

The World so far (updated regularly):

c82b536f730e223ad730f2c4358c8f99.png

Boat Travel:

Y1Tnksr.png

Night Time Lighting:

Bk2MVss.png

On release Nightmare will have an in-depth fishing system. Why is fishing so important? It's practically the easiest and most common way to get food, although in early stages not as satisfying as some other foods. When attempting to survive in the wilderness, having plenty of fish to cook can be a good way to stay alive. Players will also be able to set-up a camp that includes a campfire and tent, for cooking and sleeping purposes. Fish can be stored in the tents as well.

qVjwuaD.png

A layout of the Over-world:

evcLRnf.png

Killer Carnival where you can play mini-games, and fight mobs of Killer Clowns. Just one of the many hot spots that players can hang out to pass time, and gather rewards.

exY3qp0.png

Desert of Storms. Home to traders and the Firestorm Pack (One of four wolf Packs in Nightmare):

825d4842295f2fa9fc8335134e0c9a7d.png

Mystic Swamps, where a famous warlock with a peculiar fascination for mushrooms lives:

a32976fb0eaf9152afc6b3f46e4db5eb.png

Features:

• Hunger/Sleep system. Create camps that you can cook, and sleep in.
  • Extensive collecting/crafting system to help you survive in the wild.
  • Packs (guild) system, each with their own symbol and element.
  • PvP during night in wilderness. Item loss on death for suspense.
  • Werewolf morph with special skills not accessible in human form.
  • Stories and Quests that interact with Day & Night system.
  • Boat travel. Some places are only accessible by water.
  • Engage in mini-games and battle arenas at the Killer Carnival and Pyramid of Doom.
  • Make allies with friends, elect a Pack Leader, and dominate the world.

All content is copyright of Magework Studios. All rights reserved.

Magework Studios is the company creating this action packed title, and consists of myself (Artist/Writer) and Kibbelz/Joe (Programmer).

If you'd like to participate in our pre-alpha phase click here! Accounts will never be wiped.

Thanks guys, @Murdoc you forgot that during he day you work for the royal guard, gaining information for your clan and completing missions for your king in human form to keep trust. Also during night you can capture small forts and instate a werewolf figure head from your clan to act as a leader during the day for the humans. So at night you try to control all of the world for your clan.

4 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Damn bro, this looks awesome. I like the idea of becoming a werewolf but how is that going to work with paperdolled items?

We haven't quite ironed that bit out. As a human, paperdoll will work as normal. Possibly, when you transform there is a larger paperdoll. The item stats will still apply in werewolf form.

23 hours ago, Zetasis said:

Damn bro, this looks awesome. I like the idea of becoming a werewolf but how is that going to work with paperdolled items?

Paperdolls will be disabled during night. However enabled for werewolf customisation. We're hoping to get scars and missing eye paperdolls etc for werewolves.

The only problem I see with using a taller base sprite is that you may need to make your doors and cave entrances taller as well. other then that the Sprite fits well with your graphics. 

On release Nightmare will have an in-depth fishing system. Why is fishing so important? It's practically the easiest and most common way to get food, although in early stages not as satisfying as some other foods. When attempting to survive in the wilderness, having plenty of fish to cook can be a good way to stay alive. Players will also be able to set-up a camp that includes a campfire and tent, for cooking and sleeping purposes. Fish can be stored in the tents as well.

qVjwuaD.png

Love it, always love your artwork (I assume you made it?) Looks friggen awesome. I like the whole survivability idea, good stuff man! I think focusing on fishing is smart, I can see tons of werewolves in a little tent with tons of fish HAHA

Wow, looks incredible - that town map looks awesome too, I love the look you went for - Also, this concept seems like it would be a blast to produce. I'll give a more critical input once you've gotten something more tangible to judge, until then I wish you the best of luck this is something I'll be watching!

Nightmare is going to have some fun mini-games to keep players interested between fights. The rewards are also above average; if you win that is. Two hot spots for mini-games are the "Killer Carnival" and "Pyramid of Doom". Here's a small preview of Killer Carnival.:exY3qp0.png