Jump to content
froggy

WIP World of Adea

Recommended Posts

While i do have a small list of things i need to get to fixing before i release playtesting to the public, i was wondering if 1-2 people might be interested in doing some testing first? I'm sure i can expand that list with things that absolutely needs to be fixed before i open it to the public. Keep in mind, you get to play everything, but with the sole purpose of feedback for any bugs you find, or things you think i should alter before release.

 

Those interested please PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! I feel the game is ready to be tested, despite certain things still missing, it can still be played. I've blocked off certain areas that are not finished.

 

I would really appreciate any and all feedback, this testing is intended for me to see what i could change, since nobody but me has played the game as of yet. Currently you can reach about level 15, it's not very far into the game, i am still waiting for a more developed intersect for some fundamental changes before i open up the rest of the world.

 

I will unfortunately be very busy with work the coming two remaining weekdays, but i will keep track of the website and log in shortly during the evenings, meaning i won't be here to help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tested your game. Congrats, I saw some cool things when playing it, the jail riot was very original, and the world actually is realy big(I got lost a few times lol). Obviously you spent a lot of time designing it and not too many projects gave me that feeling when I tested them. I will spend more time on it.

 

All the graphic resources are from external fonts or do you own some of them?(maybe the equipment on the equipment box?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

I just tested your game. Congrats, I saw some cool things when playing it, the jail riot was very original, and the world actually is realy big(I got lost a few times lol). Obviously you spent a lot of time designing it and not too many projects gave me that feeling when I tested them. I will spend more time on it.

 

All the graphic resources are from external fonts or do you own some of them?(maybe the equipment on the equipment box?)

 

Thank you! The server will be up for atleast a week or so i'd say. And even though the area currently available might seem small based on what level you can reach, there are still loads of things to do!.

 

A lot of the items i have made myself. It's a big mix honestly haha :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone completed the first dungeon or played a bit after that? Noticed there were some new accounts but i have no idea how far people played :) Server will be left up all weekend for anyone interested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just finished the first dungeon and beat Forgotten King boss. i think you should add cooldown to health potion, i could easily kill bosses with level far above my character level by bringing lot of health potions. this flow kinda render high grade equipment less useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IAskQuestionsTooMuchButHey said:

What do the player characters look like? I wouldn't mind an ingame screenshot or the like.

Right now the player sprite is looseleaf, meaning this:

639de1e08c0b1ad2c0e210ba44553a98.giff9c2bd0a9d2157511344d4722d0b42a0.gif With the items in the GIFs made and paperdolled by me.

With future intersect releases i intend to hire a GFX artist to make some custom sprites and perhaps items that suit my choice of tiles. So while this is what you would play with now, it is not the finalized product. On page 2 i posted a lot of my custom items, and some spells(not made by me though), maps you can find on pretty much all pages in the thread.

And here is a sprite that i made: (zoomed 300%)

zombieshow.png

 

6 hours ago, Nekloire said:

just finished the first dungeon and beat Forgotten King boss. i think you should add cooldown to health potion, i could easily kill bosses with level far above my character level by bringing lot of health potions. this flow kinda render high grade equipment less useful.

Potions will have a cooldown! Intersect currently does not allow cooldowns on items. Also great job finishing the first dungeon :) Did you also complete the small puzzle dungeon after that? (In the eastern forest)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

Pretty impressed with that sprite, and the paperdolls you've done for the looseleaf sprites are well done as well. I'll try to download and play this later tonight.

Thank you! Please do, looking forward to your feedback.

 

A slight update for you all, after the weekend i will resume work on the upcoming areas, which are already mapped! And i'll try to keep you guys updated regularly with what i'm working on, and some screenshots :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a dope game! verything looks cool so far. Monsters, graphics, items... id just like some bosses with unique drops but that may come for sure. I cant send you pm for some weird reason, so i just wanna report bug that i summoned Forgotten King and he was too strong for me, i left the locked door and then went of for a while. When i came back he wasnt there and i couldnt summon him again meanwhile the quest on him is still active so.

EDIT: When i choose soldier subclass, i got new skill but my previous 2 basic skills disappeared.

EDIT2: Completing "Cursed Skin" quest gives you no reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly looks to be the best intersect game so far in terms of the overall world theme and atmosphere. I'm not sure what are you exactly looking for in terms of feedback, I would recommend a discord channel for people to be up to date with the game and to leave feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Regouvousus said:

What a dope game! verything looks cool so far. Monsters, graphics, items... id just like some bosses with unique drops but that may come for sure. I cant send you pm for some weird reason, so i just wanna report bug that i summoned Forgotten King and he was too strong for me, i left the locked door and then went of for a while. When i came back he wasnt there and i couldnt summon him again meanwhile the quest on him is still active so.

EDIT: When i choose soldier subclass, i got new skill but my previous 2 basic skills disappeared.

EDIT2: Completing "Cursed Skin" quest gives you no reward.

Thank you for the nice words :)  You are on point, there are a lot of features i intend to add once we can add custom features. For example, there will be rarity tiers, with bosses having unique drops classed as "epic" or something along those lines, like a standard MMO. The forgotten king encounter is supposed to reset if you do not kill him. I will look into this!

 

When you advance your class to soldier, wanderer, or ranger(ranger not ready yet!) you lose spark which is a magic spell, and restore. Restore was created mainly to allow players a bit more safety while starting the game. There will be other restorative skills further down the line, which differs and varies depending on your class. There'll be plenty of variations since there are 28 classes in total, 29 including Adventurer. I will also fix the cursed skin quest, error on my part :) 

 

13 hours ago, Inksef said:

Honestly looks to be the best intersect game so far in terms of the overall world theme and atmosphere. I'm not sure what are you exactly looking for in terms of feedback, I would recommend a discord channel for people to be up to date with the game and to leave feedback.

Thank you! For feedback i mainly wanted to know what people thought about balance, writing, etc, and maybe find some bugs or errors that ive missed! I'll definitely look into having a discord channel once i'm further in development :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A small update:

I have corrected many of the errors discovered during playtesting, as well as fixed some minor things that were missing. After that I started gathering, deciding, appointing, and applying new/existing resources for the upcoming zones, and planning layout and flow. Progress has been a bit slow lately as i'm very busy with other things, but it's progress none the less.

 

More to come later!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the announcement of Beta 5 I felt like i should make a post and step up the progress. A lot has been done since i had the playtesting going a few months back. Mainly posting now to let people know the project is not dead, I am working on it. As of right now I don't want to spoil anything. What I can say right now is, the playtesting phase allowed people to reach about a max of level 18~, some people grinded to 20-22.

 

Next update will feature another massive town, two new zones, and if you haven't played my game, one zone is huge, avg. 100-150 maps, only counting the outdoor parts. And with dungeons to go with it, that will allow people to reach perhaps level 40~, we'll see how i decide to divide the zones level wise. To put it into perspective, that's about twice the content of the previous test phase. There's a lot of work ahead before i can let people access the new content, but we'll get there. I will post compiled updates from now on, rather than bits here and there.

 

One last thing, i intend to allow people to play the content currently available! Soon (I will make a post when) i'll let the server running from home, and then get a dedicated server some time in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody! With Intersect B5 is fast approaching with some new awesome features I decided to work on getting most mapping done for the next testing phase! If all goes well, people shouldn't be able to clear all the content as quickly as the first testing phase, and I might even be able to keep the server online 24/7. However, as i said, i'll get most mapping done, there's a lot of connecting and continuity between zones etc that needs extra attention. To give people a grasp of what I have planned for beta 2, the current world is about 750-800 maps, not including any indoor maps. Once Intersects B5 is released, i'll start working on everything non-map, e.g equipment, pixel art, quests, dialogues, new NPCs, spells, spell GFX, sounds and music, and so much more!

 

That is all for now, i'll do some more updates in the future, though it might be a while, since i'm mostly mapping right now.

 

https://imgur.com/6LNEEBM

https://imgur.com/9nqmbcL

https://imgur.com/aIXfwO2

https://imgur.com/5cN02Kx

 

Last two here are reposts, but worth reposting since it's planned for beta 2

https://imgur.com/Vpu0yuv

https://imgur.com/UAYuXl5

 

Hope everybody is as excited for the future as I am!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, froggy said:

Hello everybody! With Intersect B5 is fast approaching with some new awesome features I decided to work on getting most mapping done for the next testing phase! If all goes well, people shouldn't be able to clear all the content as quickly as the first testing phase, and I might even be able to keep the server online 24/7. However, as i said, i'll get most mapping done, there's a lot of connecting and continuity between zones etc that needs extra attention. To give people a grasp of what I have planned for beta 2, the current world is about 750-800 maps, not including any indoor maps. Once Intersects B5 is released, i'll start working on everything non-map, e.g equipment, pixel art, quests, dialogues, new NPCs, spells, spell GFX, sounds and music, and so much more!

 

That is all for now, i'll do some more updates in the future, though it might be a while, since i'm mostly mapping right now.

 

https://imgur.com/6LNEEBM

https://imgur.com/9nqmbcL

https://imgur.com/aIXfwO2

https://imgur.com/5cN02Kx

 

Last two here are reposts, but worth reposting since it's planned for beta 2

https://imgur.com/Vpu0yuv

https://imgur.com/UAYuXl5

 

Hope everybody is as excited for the future as I am!

Looking great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys! As many of you I have been very busy in December, what with Christmas and New years etc, my vacation ended at the start of January.

 

I have done quite a lot on the project since my last post, unfortunately I don't have any fancy new screenshots to show, since the work i've been doing has involved dialogues, quests, npcs, planning, etc.

 

List of the things i've done:

Added Crafting. More details with future updates.

Edited and renamed all playable maps, since this information is visible to the player now.

Added new NPCs with custom dialogues in Teirm

Added 7 new quests in Teirm and just outside of Teirm, they are all side-quests, with OK to decent rewards.

Created all NPCs(mobs), and quest NPCs for the Titans Desert.

Finished Marda city outdoors, next is indoors.

Finished Teirm Castle Harbor

Added proper monster attack animations

Rebalanced quests and quest rewards

Restructured and changed how some quests(events within quests) are completed.

Rebalanced boss spawning to prevent pure farming of specific bosses

Rebalanced items, since you can add more stats to items now with Intersect 5.1

Finished the quests that were not able to be completed during the testing phase

Rebalanced some items that were too powerful. Important notice, Health & Mana potions now has a cooldown.

 

Apart from the listed above i've fixed a shitload of minor errors and tileset things. And as you can tell from the list, I want to fully complete the parts that were in the first testing phase, so that the entire first area and areas related to it is fully complete. Those of you who played it might've seen that some parts were missing during the test.

 

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll keep you guys posted!

 

FROGGY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*edit*: Those who want to be notified via PM/e-mail once the next test phase starts can PM me and i'll let you know!

 

Since i am not a very patient person, I wanted to share some more progress because I have spent a lot of time this week on the project. And especially since i decided to set a planned date for the next testing phase!

 

General features:
Renamed all playable maps, since this information is visible to the player now.

Added Resource gathering. Ore is prevalent throughout Adea, you can harvest ores with an Ore Chisel.
Crafting introduced to the game. There are two type of crafts. One is called Crafting, with this you can upgrade your equipment with +1/+2/+3, making it stronger, you can also 
imbue some equipment through crafting. The other crafting kind is called Synthesis. Synthesis allows you to create an entirely new piece of equipment from parts. The first
synthesis crafter is found in Marda.
Added correct spell icons for every spell/attack/buff, and prepared for future ones

 

Dungeons/NPCs/Quests/Items:
Changed how the Forgotten King spawns. You can still repeatedly trigger the fight by exiting and re-entering the catacombs. All boss fights are inteded to be repeatable so that you can farm gear/synth materials from them, boss fights are intentionally designed to be very difficult, and in later dungeons they take much longer to traverse than the first couple dungeons you play through.
Added new NPCs with custom dialogues all over in Teirm

Added proper enemy attack animations
 depending on the type of enemy.
Rebalanced items
Rebalanced item drop %
Added new items for the first few zones (mostly misc. items, and craft/synth items)
Added gemstones, gemstones are highly valuable gems used for trading, or synthing. Visit your nearest bank for a currency exchange vendor.
Rebalanced quests and quest rewards

Restructured and changed how some quests(events within quests) are completed.
Finished the quests that were not able to be completed during the first testing phase.
Health & Mana potions now has a cooldown.
Added craft upgrades for Shortsword, Steel Sword, Skinning Knife, Blade of the Adept, Sword of Command, Gemstone Dagger, Gemstone Sceptre, the Forgotten King weapons, 
Copper Sceptre, and the Seafarer's Blade.
Weaponry now has a set attack speed based on item type.
Converted an office to a pub in Teirm, which now houses Jarm & Harus (Robbed Sailor quest)

Added 4 new quests in Teirm and just outside of Teirm, they are all side-quests, with OK to decent rewards. I had more added, but decided to remove them from the starting area & previous designated target level to reuse them later.

 

Zones/Maps:
Finished Teirm Castle Harbor and finished adding content related to the zone.
Marda is almost fully playable

The Titans Desert is almost fully playable
Black Market has been added to the game. It has been mapped & vendors added, content not fully fleshed out (as some parts are for yet uncreated areas)
Added a few secret areas/events in and around Teirm.
Remapped western Teirm, removed the small port in town, the western gate will now lead players to the Orguz Wastelands.
Added Adventurer's Guild in Western Teirm, which will play a role for the future zones to the west.
Added accessibility to the locked door in the crypt.

 

After doing all of the above, I played through the game myself, doing all content I know is available, leaving me with a list of 44 things that needs fixing/changing. That involves fast fixes such as broken dialogue to restructuring quests etc.

 

Next update should include much more, and I'll make myself wait with posting that update :)

 

The most important part about today's post is that I am going to do my best to have the next phase of testing to start on Friday April 5th! This update is going to be massive once it's ready!

 

FROGGY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×