Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

Part time mobile developer, really interested in breaking into the MMO market on Android. Have been doing a lot of research of various engines and what they offer and for an indie dev this seems like a promising platform to start investing time into, I am particularly impressed with being able to host my own server so easily. I was going to invest in a unity asset pack for an MMO template but I think I will dig around here first. I hope android building/integration and monetization is part of the road map eventually. Thanks to dev's for putting the time into a free project, I hope to support in the near future.

Hi. Welcome to AGD! Mobile/Cross Platform is a very good possibility for the future of intersect but is for sure a ways down the road. The Engine is Mono Compatible. This is copied from the website:

"The Intersect client is powered by MonoGame. The server is mono compatible.

In the future you can look forward to the possibility to deploying your game across across many platforms including Mac, Linux, mobile devices and consoles."

Even if it does not happen soon, its a GREAT engine for a console MMORPG and you could easily get your game Green lit or featured somewhere with the power and features of intersect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

My name is Wildist and I've been flirting with game designing since 2005 aproximately with the help of rpgmaker 2k, xp and so on. Around 2009 I found Eclipse Engine, Elysium (was it written like that?) and Alter Engine, with which I tried to complete an ancient greece mmorp called Acaya Online, with no luck by my side. After 4 years of inactivity in this field, I want to retry other projects I have in mind and to my surprise Intersect Engine is really well produced even if it's in alpha development. It's stunning seeing the miriad of Eclipse flavours stuck in 2008 o.o

All in all, being an Architect I wanted to experiment with virtual recreations of real places and different projects designing.

I hope we get along well! :P

On 4/10/2016 at 10:47 PM, PhenomenalDev said:

@Wildist Welcome to the forums (: you should know most of the people here as they come from eclipse (pretty much everyone but me)

Well, I didn't really use the forums back in the days, so there's no chance of a ringing bell anywhere hahahah. I'm still messing with the engine before I start producing things and, sincerely, It can perfectly be 4 months until I start introducing anything to the game itself, but what I'm seeing so far is phenomenal! Keep up with the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm new to this community and want to introduce myself. My name is Kevin I'm from Germany and I'm 22 years old. I was interested in games and game development since I was a little kid, but never had a chance to learn it cause I never had an own pc. I have started learning developing with rpg maker and it's language ruby. once I was older I had the chance to work for EA games in Cologne, Germany for more then two years where I learned a lot. between this time I found eclipse origins and started working on my own thing with this as base. now I'm here and hope that I found a community which shares interest. :)

@Kevin Well I hope we are the right place for you and welcome to agd  ;D and damn working for EA you should be proud explains why you made a cool looking engine too. Do you still work there now? (also ignore the vb6 hate it's a joke mainly xD)

@PhenomenalDev thank you a lot buddy. sadly I'm not working there anymore that's the reason I have time concentrating on personal projects now,like the mmorpg engine :). 

And yea don't worry about the VB6 jokes I do them on my own :P ..  but I think you should finish something which already get started :)