Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

Officially introducing myself!
My name is Nick, I'm 21, 6'7 in height. I play guitar and bass, if you want me to dedicate a song or solo to you let me know babe ;) I'm slightly versed in spriting & programming - but nothing special. I'm also a singer/song writer so I can sing you a sweet lullaby anytime. I also dabble in the arts of preparing salads - mostly composed of devils lettuce and fire. Have a good time and drop a line, homies.

45 minutes ago, Faydee said:

Hi everyone! My name is Martin I'm 29 and I'm from Poland. I was looking for something like that for my entire life :D

The search is finally over! Welcome to the forums, mate!

Hello, friend.

Gahduvdeth here. Or simply, Gahd. I figure it's about time I contribute a post to this thread, so here goes.

I grew up travelling the country with my family. Sometimes it was okay, other times I hated it. I was a kid. What could you expect?

Anyway, I've always enjoyed creative things. I've never been very good at them, mind you, but I've still enjoyed them nonetheless. It's for this reason, among many many others, that I've gotten into game development. Or at least, tried to. Given my familial situation when I was growing up, keeping track of everything (or hell, even KEEPING things) was difficult. It was only a matter of time before I had to start back at square one... over and over and over. I still kick myself for not thinking of making online backups on mediafire or dropbox or something.

Well, after many years of outright bizzare things happening, I managed to settle down in Texas and get a job that's hella better than Papa John's.

And here I am now.

7 hours ago, yeroC said:

I'm still making pizza, not Papa Johns but not far from it >.> I've seen you before, usually I go by CMFiend, nice to see you here and I hope you enjoy the stay.

omg, I completely failed to realize you're CMFiend! :D

Hello, Name's Varinyc (Var for short)

I like to finger massage lines of code, and make babies. I used to program under mid-life EO, it was fun but I ended up quitting because VB6 is dead. I wanna finally give back to the community that's helped me build my dreams!
Currently a student at Full Sail University, in a fast-track 2 year program working towards a BS in Game Developement:

Full-Sail-University-750x466.jpg

I'm almost halfway done through my first year. I have a small (comparatively) knowledge/background of programming, but the concepts aren't completely new to me. I think I'll have my first programming classes in 2 months or so, and THIS month all my classes are online! So I want to get my hands dirty with Orion+.

That's all for my intro, hope to see you all around! :)

3 hours ago, varinyc said:

Hello, Name's Varinyc (Var for short)

I like to finger massage lines of code, and make babies. I used to program under mid-life EO, it was fun but I ended up quitting because VB6 is dead. I wanna finally give back to the community that's helped me build my dreams!
Currently a student at Full Sail University, in a fast-track 2 year program working towards a BS in Game Developement:

Full-Sail-University-750x466.jpg

I'm almost halfway done through my first year. I have a small (comparatively) knowledge/background of programming, but the concepts aren't completely new to me. I think I'll have my first programming classes in 2 months or so, and THIS month all my classes are online! So I want to get my hands dirty with Orion+.

That's all for my intro, hope to see you all around! :)

I graduated in 2013 :) Glad to see some Full Sailers around here!

Hey everyone. My name is Azizele, I already know of quite a lot of you even though you probably don't know me (as creepy as that sounds). I've been very intertwined in this community since Mirage and its been amazing to see how far it's come. 

I've only just recently stumbled over this and I have to say, JCSnider and everyone else who is developing this, I am completely in awe. I have been saying for years the best hope for the future of the community was to pull together the best programmers of the bunch and start a fresh engine from the ground up in a new language. I honestly thought I'd never see it. Amazing work everyone I think this may be a community i remain socially active in as I'd love to be a part of this. I can't wait to see how far you guys can take this.

Azizele~

Hello World.

I'm an old person from the Mirage Source days and I joined Ascension back in 2015 when there really wasn't much going on, I just so happen to be thinking about playing around in a new updated 2D Engine when I noticed this in my bookmarks and well.. Here I am :P and I have to say the progress of the Intersect engine is looking pretty dang awesome.

A little about me, I was big into the demoscene in the early 90's, and by the late 90's I was hitting demopartys and having a lot of fun doing so, sadly the scene is pretty much dead these days with the exceptional attempted revival every couple of years by some of the old time groups like Titan. I was also pretty active on the Mirage Source forums but when Eclipse became the goto engine it kinda killed off Mirage and I lost interest because of the community.

Anyways! I'm glad to be here and very excited to play with the final release of Intersect. :D