Introduce Yourself Thread!

jcsnider

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Im jeremy my nick is ningimbly which is taken from 1994s blood and magic ha. 

Little about me im currently a otr truck driver. I use mobile internet to run my smart phone laptop so this is all pretty. Making games on the go. Ha!

Im an avid gamer 

Quake 2 online mp i was there man with 56k

Everquest 1 beta there. 

Planetside 1 beta there.

To name a few. Also ww2 online a definitive must play mmofps. 

I have a background in pen n paper game design. I love quirky mechanics. And focus more on gameplay than graphics. Recently got a laptop on my truck. Found this engine and away i go. This is my first jaunt into to video game design and im already pushing the engine. Here we go! 

Hi! I'm Jeb and I'm a software developer for 13 years now. I've been making games as a hobby since I was 13 on QBasic. Recently I started working on a rpg editor / game framework http://rpg-editor.com/. While recruiting I came across this engine which sounds like it is trying to accomplish the same thing except it is way ahead :) I would love to peek at the source code *wink* *wink*. 

Hello everyone, my name is Sébastien, I'm 24, and working as a developer. I'm mainly working on mobile applications (iOS, Android, Windows Phone), both in native technologies (Objective-C & Java + Android SDK) and cross platform (Xamarin & Xamarin.Forms in C#). I'm also lucky to work with Unity3D (both desktop and mobile app) as well as differents IoT - Internet of Things - technologies (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Windows Azure services and Amazon services). I'm also playing a lot with Unity3D on my spare time in order to make some little mobile games.

I've started getting into development since I was a child : I started with RPG Maker XP when I was in middle school. I've spend a couple of years in FRoG Creator's community which was a French open source MMORPG maker in vb6. Sadly, the community slowly died, as well as the software. I randomly stumble upon Intersect a couple of days - weeks ago, which reminds me of my youth. In a melancholic mood, I decided to give it a try and play with it a bit, like the good ol' day.

As you might have figure it out by now, i'm not a native english speaker (I'm actualy French, like a -surprisly- lot of other members). You can find my French introduction in the appropriate board for those interested. Please excuse me in advance for any mistakes made in this post.

When JC created the French board, i though it was time for me to finaly create my account, stop stalking you guys, and be part of this beautiful community. With my professionnal background and knowledge, I'm looking forward to put my hands on Intersect's source code, adding anything that Intersect could lack of (or any project specific functionnality). And why not gladly giving a hand to Intersect's developer from time to time if in need !

I think I've said everything. If I missed anything, feel free to ask me, I'll gladly answer you back asap !

Hi Guys!

My name is Francisco and I am a 28 year old student living in California. I am currently a Starbucks barista and going to school at Arizona State University. (online) I've always enjoyed video games but always played them casually throughout my life. I've been having a tough time finding a game that really speaks to me so I'm thinking about exploring the side hobby of creating one. Hopefully, if this is something that interests others then maybe it can become something much bigger in time.  I have never programmed in my life and know very basic html principles so I know this is going to be a tough challenge for me in the game design world but that is why I picked the Intersect engine to play with because it seems very user friendly. I will probably be asking tons  of questions. 

Thanks!

Francisco 

On 10/30/2017 at 8:51 PM, Francisco said:

Hi Guys!

My name is Francisco and I am a 28 year old student living in California. I am currently a Starbucks barista and going to school at Arizona State University. (online) I've always enjoyed video games but always played them casually throughout my life. I've been having a tough time finding a game that really speaks to me so I'm thinking about exploring the side hobby of creating one. Hopefully, if this is something that interests others then maybe it can become something much bigger in time.  I have never programmed in my life and know very basic html principles so I know this is going to be a tough challenge for me in the game design world but that is why I picked the Intersect engine to play with because it seems very user friendly. I will probably be asking tons  of questions. 

Thanks!

Francisco 

I also attend ASU! I'm a senior. 

Hey Hey ! :)

So I'm new here, after searching high and low for a good 2D mmorpg engine this seems to be the best !
So, as a kind of rookie to coding (I've lightly touched on it in the past, various languages, scripting and so forth) but never got into it enough.

I'm excited to discover that this engine is built on C# and not an older language such as VB6 which a lot of other 2D mmo engines are...

So a little about me...

Well I'm Random and I'm Gamer ;) Hence Randem Gamor !
I was a YouTuber until a month or so ago, when YouTube decided without warning or reason to terminate my account.
Still to this very day don't know what I did wrong... 5 months of solid videos, hard work and almost 1k subs - I was getting there...

Anyway, what happens in life happens for a reason... so now I want to focus my energies on something I've had a passion for for a very very long time...

Making a game...
Medieval Fantasy...
RPG...
Online.

I've tried in the past with previous editors that use VB6 but come across way too many game breaking bugs and to be honest never wanted to learn an old redundant language.

In work I've done pretty much everything but mainly Graphics and Promotional Design !

So that's pretty much me :) I'm excited and looking forward to making my own 2D mmorpg with Intersect and also learning C# along the way !

I'll be working on the 2D mmorpg which is currently privately hosted on my VPS.
When there's anything playable / testable I'll be releasing information and the client to connect :)

Cheers,
Randem Gamor.

• 3 weeks later...

OU! I skipped this section. I'm Ilya. I'm 33 years old. I'm from Russia, I live near Baikal. Siberia in general. I work in medicine, in the laboratory. I create games, programs. I'm a fan of visual programming and methods that simplify life and are aimed at the future. Just a little artist and designer. Sometimes I create websites. With English I'm not very good. But I'm trying to teach. Basically, Google translates for me or Yandex translators. The latter does not translate at all, but bears some kind of nonsense. So now only Google. In creation of games is already 10-15years old. 

Greetings, I go by the name Rapiero and I am myself a Linguistics and Law student and also an amateur artist. My practices are composed by writing, drawing, sprite editing, and music composing.

I, as a creator, aspire to make 2 projects: one Visual Novel with two settings and some kind of online multiplayer game with rogue-like mechanics.

As for personal aspects, I am a fencing lover and pretty much all culture derived from the scientific sword combat developed in Europe, most noted by works of people like Camillo Agrippa and Capo Ferro. Therefore, I love games that have strategic melee combat.

My musical sense is heavily inspired on progressive rock keyboardists like Rick Wakeman and composer like Motoi Sakuraba. Although I do not actually make music as good as theirs, they sure tend to have some influence. I'm also fond of Baroque.

It is going to be a pleasure to know and work with you all and if you need anything, please, just get in touch!

Até mais!