Intersect Development Road Map

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 1:26 PM, DudeItsCorey said:

Great things take time! I'm glad it's coming along good, totally worth the wait!

I agree with this sentiment.
I am eager to create an intersect game, but things are already amazing, I can wait a bit haha.

Hello. I'd like to get the source code if possible. I want to translate menu and the interface is in Russian language. Upon completion, I promise to give you the translated source code for the implementation of mulri-language project. Sorry is my bad English.

5 minutes ago, Broun said:

Hello. I'd like to get the source code if possible. I want to translate menu and the interface is in Russian language. Upon completion, I promise to give you the translated source code for the implementation of mulri-language project. Sorry is my bad English.

Reach out to @jcsnider, I'm sure he'd love you to translate it. You won't even need the source code! ;)

On 27/07/2016 at 9:02 PM, jcsnider said:

Intersect 1.0 (Source Release!):

• For the final release we are going to reset the version number to 1.0.
    • Instead of Alpha 1.X or beta 2.X we're simply going to call it Intersect 1.0.
  • The source will become available at this point.
  • We (Joe and I) will spend less time developing and more time helping everyone make games.
    • We will start releasing source tutorials, getting started guides, and more!
  • We want to be here before Q2 2017!
    • ..and then we can start on the Intersect 2.0 road map.

The source aren't releash yet, you will need to wait to be able to edit the source and translate the engine.

9 минут назад, сказал Gibier:

Источник пока не releash, вы должны ждать, чтобы быть в состоянии отредактировать и перевести двигатель.

So-Sorry. I figured out the problem encoding and the engine now supports the Cyrillic alphabet. I'd really like to translate menus and items of the game on the Russian language. (There are skills in this matter. Eclipse origins entirely in Russian translated. In gratitude, gives you the entire transfer. I think you would be useful. And of course, if possible, would help anything.

Suggestion - sql or mysql support, so players can login with game account in web, would give lots of options though web for administration, web market and vip system for automatic account update afther donation or voting for game.

We are using Sqlite for server side saving. We wanted to use a database driven system and MySql seemed like the obvious choice, however, we didn't want to add any additional requirements or setup procedures for using the engine. Sqlite is fairly similar to MySql in syntax so switching between the two won't be very difficult for anyone who knows what they're doing. (Ie: Anyone who would design web administration, web markets, vip systems, automatic account updates, donation management, etc)

Did not realize the SQL support thing was happening - that's really excellent! Pretty confident that'll bring about a lot of features people don't even know they want, yet. :3

As far as suggestions - just keep up the good work, really! In messing around with NPCs this morning, the only specific thing I thought would be a nice feature was a checkbox or whatnot for continuously animating sprites (e.g. flying entities). And that's not even a big deal. Great engine, team!

4 minutes ago, EVOLV said:

the only specific thing I thought would be a nice feature was a checkbox or whatnot for continuously animating sprites (e.g. flying entities). And that's not even a big deal. Great engine, team!

Giving this thought. Would want the option for players and events too... maybe just a list of filenames in the server config

<AnimatedSprites>bee.png,bat.png,dragon.png</AnimatedSprites>

Definitely have this in mind though :) 

59 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Or just a checkbox in the npc/event editor?

Then how to do handle player sprites?

Hint: Can't do class editor.. because events and admin panel can reset someones sprite.

If you want a way to say that graphic 1.png is a bird and should always be animated I cannot think of a better solution than the server config. Open to suggestions though.

I don't want to create a visual editor where you go down a list and checkmark each of the sprites that should be constantly animated. Most games will likely have 10 sprites most that use the feature. I will proceed with the server config option unless better ideas appear.

52 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

I don't want to create a visual editor where you go down a list and checkmark each of the sprites that should be constantly animated. Most games will likely have 10 sprites most that use the feature. I will proceed with the server config option unless better ideas appear.

Couldn't you just make a checkbox in the npc and event editor that says constantly animated?

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

Then how to do handle player sprites?

Hint: Can't do class editor.. because events and admin panel can reset someones sprite.

If you want a way to say that graphic 1.png is a bird and should always be animated I cannot think of a better solution than the server config. Open to suggestions though.

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

It could have a checkbox in the npcs editor, which causes the sprite to repeat infinitely.

The animation of flying entities could be something like this:

giphy.gif