Open Alpha [Intersect] Middle Ages: Online

Daywalkr

f524902bb87c9ce123437ef2394ab160.png

Download & More Here

Welcome, traveler...

...to Asgodia. A place once filled to the brim with players and NPCs alike.

After the original player base of the original Middle Ages: Online died in the 90s, the NPCs of Asgodia were left with no one to help them out. With things out of their control, they were forced to live in a purgatory, until one day, a lone player showed up.

At first, the lone player was a boon to the NPCs - a quiet-type, who kept to himself in this otherwise online game. But as time grew long, weird things started to happen to the land of Asgodia... then suddenly, in 2021, more players started to arrive again.

Perhaps you would like to join them?

Classes!

The Warrior

The Warrior is a melee-only class. The Warrior can use a sword and shield to provide single-target damage and crowd control, while also buffing his party and tanking physical damage.

A warrior may also find themselves using the greatsword - a massive weapon capable of dealing damage to multiple targets at once, substituting crowd control and party buffs for sheer damage output.

A warrior should avoid magical damage at all costs, lest they build around that weakness by wearing lighter armor.

The Mage

The mage is a versatile ranged class. The Mage can use a staff of destruction to bring elemental damage to their foes. High damage-output and mild crowd control are the tools of the destruction mage.

However, a mage may also find that they want to help keep their party alive. Such mages will instead wield a healer's staff, and provide single-target and area-of-effect heals to their party, with occasional damaging spell tossed in.

A mage must avoid taking any damage, especially physical - unless they'd rather sacrifice magic damage by wearing a suit of light armor.

The Rogue

The Rogue is the class of versatility. The fastest class, a rogue has the option of going ranged or melee.

A rogue with a bow in their hand will provide high damage output, both to multiple targets and to single targets. To wield a bow effectively means maximizing agility - thus sacrificing physical protection.

A rogue with a dagger or broadsword, however, has the option of wearing heavier armor if they so choose to attack with a variety of crowd-control options. This may leave them open to attacks from mages, however...

Features!

• Quests, PvE, PvP, three playable classes with their own separate Guild Halls!
  • Guild Vs. Guild runs every day from 6-8PM EST and allows guilds to fight for control over a Guild Hall! Taking over a guild hall secures it to your guild members for a day, allowing you to use its craftings services and Guild Bank!
  • Combo System! Chain enemy kills together (PvP or PvE) to rack up a monster combo - higher combos will yield bonus experience!
    • These combos are even shared with your party members. You can rack up insane combos and experience if you co-ordinate well!
    • After a certain monster-level disparity, you will have to move on to stronger monsters if you want to continue to gather bonus experience
  • Prayers!
    • Prayers are an accessory that, when equipped, auto-cast a spell at enemy death.
    • These spells can range from health gain, to casting a barrage of lightning bolts out from the spot of enemy death.
  • AFK Resource Gathering!
    • All the fun of playing a game without actually doing anything!
    • Simply starting harvest of a resource will automatically allow you to continue to harvest the resource to completion
  • Combat upgrades over base Intersect!
    • Projectile pass-through of friendly players in PvE zones, allowing you to set up strategic battle positions
    • Optional Tap-to-turn mode allows you to tap a direction to face that way
    • Controls for turning your character
    • A "Face Target" button that will face you toward your target
    • "Un-target" at the click of your mouse! Just right click on any non-enemy to de-select your target
  • Voice acting! Fun voice lines will be peppered in throughout your quest. And they're not just recorded with a garbage microphone in a bedroom!
  • Fully original score composed by yours truly! Check it out below.
  • Original art and animations done by myself, some friends, and Daniele and Nickki from these forums! (Great work guys <3)
  • Mini games such as the Fenwyndell Goose Race!
  • The Permit system - help out NPCs to earn thank-you notes and commendations, which in turn can be used to unlock permits to allow you to harvest better resources and use stronger tools!
  • The Inspiration system - purchase inspiration with resource points (gathered whenever you harvest a resource) to gain experience while crafting OR gathering!
  • Quests! Tired of just "Kill x 10 times" quests? Want some storyline, some characters? Like the way "Runescape" does quests? Try them out here! More than just your average fetch quests.
  • Favor! Earn favor for your NPC guild by completing tasks, turning in resource points, turning in commendations, or turning in quest points (earned by completing quests) to your guild to unlock your Class Skills and Spells!
  • Tasks! Do you prefer simple fetch quests? Killing 10 slimes? Well, tasks are for you! Complete tasks for your guild or for a local town to earn extra Favor, Gold, and commendations from NPCs.

Videos!

Spoiler

A demo of some mid-level combat. Here you can see the PRAYER system at work - equip-able accessories that cause spells to auto-cast on enemy death. This particular prayer causes a magic-missile to shoot off in multiple directions! Great for chaining combos together and earning loads of bonus experience!

Here you can see an example of a puzzle a player might have to solve - deep in the crypt of some long-dead curator, the player is tasked with none other than everyone's favorite sliding block puzzle!

Screenshots!

Spoiler

ceb425441ef22ca3dfc0a8aa82aa2c72.png

Poking around Norsche Cave!

92f4becedccfbcb5dadb7bd625f556b1.png

Waiting to place a wager at the Fenwyndell Goose Races!

b6e8fed3b80b2f4d9046ae05c1c2edf9.png

Hanging out outside the Warrior's Refuge!

2432006bc3ded535572ad0cd5b345dab.png

Exploring Vennerwood, and running into some combatants!

1f42eac2615ad978a1199199a8fade09.png

Character customization!

Music!

The Public Alpha will start Monday, October 11th, at 6:30PM EST.

You can download the game for free at https://www.middleages.online.

Join the discord! That way any bugs, exploits, typos, or other oddities can be easily accumulated and sent to me so I can improve the game!

I look forward to seein you there :)

I really enjoyed the game, it was a lot of fun and we'll play it more from time to time, it's very challenging, and the damn werewolf cost me good items, but I was victorious in the end.

And Brazilians were being Brazilians in the game as usual unknown.png

Thanks for playing, Weylon! Hope Daniele gets her computer fixed soon lol, that really sucks. But I really appreciated having yall on!

There's a couple bosses yet I haven't seen anyone kill, so there's still certainly some content to be found in the alpha.

Yeah - I've done the tilesets and a few of the entities/icons, and the paperdolls. Daniele Santana here on the forums did most of the entities, and Nicki also here on the forums did pretty much every animation.