OniSensei

Intersect GUI Editor

Hello! So one of the biggest hurdles I have faced while using the Intersect Engine, is editing the GUI. Any big changes require a lot of work, and while it isn't difficult to edit the JSON files and figure out what does what. It does take time, and constant reopening of the client to check the changed.

I decided to make a tool that will load the Intersect Engine GUI JSON files and give you a visual editor for them. It simplifies the JSON file into a TreeView that is easy to edit and save.

Currently this is limited in what it will show but I will be adding much more to this tool. This is the initial alpha release, there will likely be bugs Please tell me about bugs!

This project is Open Source though it is coded in VB.NET and I am trash, be thankful this even works lol.

Preview:

562aeafc5e0dc304490146c2e5e11049.gif

Download:
https://github.com/OniSensei/Intersect-GUI-Editor/releases/tag/1.0.0.0

Source:

https://github.com/OniSensei/Intersect-GUI-Editor

Make sure to copy and paste the contents of your Client > Resource > gui folder to the editors gui folder, and replace any images in the resources folder that you would like. The custom font is still experimental at this time but in theory it should work, you can change the font by putting a .ttf file into the font folder and changing the font in the settings window (cog icon).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them! And follow the development here:
https://github.com/OniSensei/Intersect-GUI-Editor/projects

This is it fam. Whether it works or not this is as close to an official gui editor you're gonna get for the foreseeable future. 

One thing that wouldn't be easy but insanely cool regardless (feature request inbound) would be bundling the MonoGame content builder and providing a gui to generate game fonts by selecting system font files and a helper for selecting character regions to generate. 

Either way good work, it looks great, thanks for sharing @OniSensei and I hope it is helpful to many around here. 

oooooooh, nice shiny toy coded in vb.net

me like  !

edit,

i checked your code, and am glad to say it looks good man, just glanced over it for now, but i dont see much wrong with it. very nice project :)

11 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

oooooooh, nice shiny toy coded in vb.net

me like  !

edit,

i checked your code, and am glad to say it looks good man, just glanced over it for now, but i dont see much wrong with it. very nice project :)

Thanks! It’s just sloppy, I wanted to get something functional to begin with, I can clean up the json deserialization a lot among other things.