[Closed BETA]Pokemon MMO -PEO

Crta

19 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

What about releasing it to the community for free? Is that allowed?  

If you are thinking of person who bought the engine releasing it for free then the price would be higher and he would basically be the new owner of the original engine.He could do anything he wants.

55 minutes ago, Zetasis said:

So let's say I wanted to make a fakemon game, are all the Pokemon coded in or is there an editor or something?

No,the database it easy to edit...the sprites as well..only thing you need to edit in code is the MAX_POKEMONS constant if you want to  change nunber of pokemons.

Im just gonna be the guy to say, since no one else has. I don't think this is that fancy, pokemon games and engines are over done. If you're gonna sell the engine, you can't legally sell it with the sprites and tiles and title it as a "pokemon engine" as it's trade marked.

Edit: Also, before selling an engine, you need to review the licenses and legalities of all third party libraries you're using including the graphics engine and the networking libraries. Plus whatever code of whatever engine it's based on if any.

46 minutes ago, Crest said:

Im just gonna be the guy to say, since no one else has. I don't think this is that fancy, pokemon games and engines are over done. If you're gonna sell the engine, you can't legally sell it with the sprites and tiles and title it as a "pokemon engine" as it's trade marked.

Well I must agree with you but as this thread is related to a Pokemon Game i just posted here it is discontinued and will be selling..And no as I wrote Graphics are not included so no sprites are included but you can easily find them on web.

I'm just selling the engine with its features and some database other can be done pretty easily such as adding sprites and editing other stuff.If it bothers you I can just make a thread with "Monster Turn Based Engine" not a problem.

Thank you for the feedback.

Edit:

43 minutes ago, Crest said:

Also, before selling an engine, you need to review the licenses and legalities of all third party libraries you're using including the graphics engine and the networking libraries. Plus whatever code of whatever engine it's based on if any.

Dont worry everything is legal except "Pokemon" in it.

I said i can change it.

There is no way you wrote the graphics library. I'm sorry, but no one does anything on that low level for an indie engine. What did you use, SFML, XNA, What library do you use to call "DrawSprite" whatever? What Networking library are you using as well? What database software are you using and what libraries are you using to connect, write, and read from it.

Did you write the engine from scratch, or did you use a base? What language is it in? This is important information you need to post before even selling stuff like this.

People these days don't understand how licensing on software works, just because you can download and use a library does not mean it's free, and just because you write code using that library, does not make that code yours.

Then you do not hold the rights to sell the software. 

Edit: Also, I find it funny that you knew this and rather dodged the questions trying to sell it. A lot of us are pricks here but we know better than to try and scam eachother.

7 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Can we get a demo? A closed source version to test and make sure everything works before we consider buying this engine? 

I said that, even limiting it to a couple of accounts before the server refuses to boot up in case someone wishes to steal it closed source :P

OP obviously doesn't want to discuss engine specifics here, as such I am locking this topic. If you want to reach out to him he said to do so via PM.

I encourage no one to pursue this without getting a working demo that you can play with before purchasing as there is very little info available.