Conditional Branch per location of player

Dagobah

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Dagobah said:

oh, i would like to use it as an common event in an item, in that case i can't puta a condition when the player is close to the water?

You'd have to put events around the water edge

Item usage conditions: NextToWater = True

Event:
Set NextToWater = True

Event2: 

Set NextToWater = False

WATERTILE | EVENT1 | EVENT2

That's a very messy solution, but it works

2 hours ago, Dagobah said:

oh, i would like to use it as an common event in an item, in that case i can't puta a condition when the player is close to the water?

I do have a makeshift solution for that currently.

Make a player variable called "ByWater" make it be a boolean.
Make events on the tiles near said water and set it to true when player is on that event.

Make a 2nd event on all tiles that are around it and not near water and set it to false in those.

EDIT: YOU BEAT ME TO IT KAS!

21 minutes ago, Scaly said:

You can also go further and set moving water based on a conditional/timed event and the player can only catch fish if the water animation is happening.

i'm interested in this solution but i don't get it well, in the event the condition would be if the animation is happening but that would allow to the player to fish even if he/she isn't beside the water, i'm correct?

8 hours ago, Dagobah said:

i'm interested in this solution but i don't get it well, in the event the condition would be if the animation is happening but that would allow to the player to fish even if he/she isn't beside the water, i'm correct?

No you use the above method that the other two mentioned but add a conditional based on a random number variable.