Dev Blog 4/5/2020 - Beta 6.2 Development

jcsnider

Small little update.. mostly quality of life and minor bugfix stuff, really. (Such as the focus being brought to the login and registration screen textboxes properly when being opened)

I've made the Else branch on Condtional branches optional in the latest build.

68747470733a2f2f73332e75732d656173742d32

There's currently some networking issues (related to some new tech to combat speedhacking without it affecting players with high ping) I believe JC is working to iron out and some fixes he's put in over the past couple of days as well. 

6.2 is mostly bugfixes and small quality of life changes going forward. :) But don't forget to report any issues or bugs you encounter over here: https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/issues

Another little quality of life thing, page 1 of an event will have their graphics rendered on the map editor now, and not just get the little E symbol anymore. The event graphic is always rendered, unless you disable it through the view settngs.

17abd6c0903cc4c18af8159037e32dfe.png

Another small update is that the event editor will try and scroll back to the last section you've edited. Making it slightly easier to work with larger events, alongside with the earlier edit of making the else branch optional!

There's also some more bugfixes regarding Linux/Mac support. :)

I believe there's one more feature update in the works, not sure it'll make it into 6.2 but we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

Now @jcsnider I hate to be one of those people, but it has been 2 weeks since you posted this:

On 10/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, jcsnider said:

Once we wrap up these final 2 fixes:

https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/milestone/1

No set date. Could be tomorrow, could be 2 weeks from now lol

Do we have any news on an stable release date yet as I am shaking with excitement for this update. 

There are so many quality of life updates I cant wait to dig my hands into!

When it's done, essentially. There's no set release date or schedule for anything.

We might have to do one more round to fix some bugs that were reported before that happens as well.

You can use 6.2 as it is though, there's automated builds for it if you really want to use it now.

2 hours ago, Cheshire said:

When it's done, essentially. There's no set release date or schedule for anything.

We might have to do one more round to fix some bugs that were reported before that happens as well.

You can use 6.2 as it is though, there's automated builds for it if you really want to use it now.

Thanks for the reply, if I move to the development build of 6.2 is there any way for me to move back to stable builds down the line? 

On 10/22/2020 at 5:03 AM, jcsnider said:

Just make a copy of everything. You will know in the first day or two if you want to stick to 6.2 or not. (Hint: You will.)

I've heard a lot of good about it, but my game is online and running with active players and I don't want to risk potential bugs making its way into my game.

I'll be testing it on a private server but I'll probably just wait for stable release.

I caved in and updated, I love the work. Keep it up!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I wanted to contribute to this, that this can also be done in another simpler and free way without the need for hosting, just download Xamp, start apache, and put the folder of the recent update in explore / htdocs, and now just put In update url your no-ip followed by updater / update.json: 8080, and it would be ready, yes, you must have xamp and apache active for this to work.