Sethis

Doing Event damages

Hi guys, long time no see !

FoA, this is not really a tuto :7_sweat_smile:

I simply wanted to do justice to the Bunny Gamer who got his comment downvoted, though the idea is actually quite brilliant - and working just fine, I tried it today. As being able to do damages via events is a feature that have been requested multiple time already, I thought it would be nice for everyone to know of this. Though it's a roundabout way of achieving this, it's still really easy to do and quite flexible : funnily enough I had a similar idea yesterday about how making hidden equipments would allow me to modify the stats of the character as I want.

Without any further ado, here's the link to the comment, enjoy :

1 hour ago, Dashplant said:

What if your inventory is full though? 

Must admit I didn't thought about that. Plus, I forgot that equipped items shows in the bag as well :7_sweat_smile:

6 hours ago, Dashplant said:

What if your inventory is full though? 

4 hours ago, Sethis said:

Must admit I didn't thought about that. Plus, I forgot that equipped items shows in the bag as well :7_sweat_smile:

This is not quite right. As of B6, if you have any slots that aren't the main 5, they don't show as slots on your character. As a plus, to deal damage to the player it would only take like 1 millisecond so it would not really show up in your bag.

As for having a full inventory, this is stoppable. Go to settings, and give your player one extra inventory slot if you like. Create a useless item that's bound, and give it to the player on login if they don't already have it and respawn, if you have a drop items on death mechanic. That will disable that inventory slot. To stop them from putting it in the bank, do a constant loop to check if they have the item and if they do not then give them it. Make it check so that if you have 2, then it removes 1. Then when you wanna damage the player, take away the useless item, give them the damage item, force equip the damage item, remove the damage item and give them the useless item again. Simple! Hope this helped xD

2 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

It didn't help at all, it's a shit system

What if you give this item when the inventory is not full huh? 

Then it still works fine for its job of reserving an inventory slot?