Hi,

Any people that know how to program here that can give an estimation of what they want to get paid for these systems after source comes out? Please let me know if you need more information. 

Hair system

- Choose a hairtype on character creation

- Hair is a layer, just like all the other paperdoll layers

- Ability to change hair with events

- Hair stops rendering when a helmet is equipped

Transformation spell upgrade:

- Transformation changes the hair layer instead of overlaying a sprite

- Be able to set a Mana drain on the transformation

- Revert when Mana is empty

Dash 2.0:

- Players are able to change direction while dashing (Dash distance is not based on tiles but on a timer)

- Blurry animation on the sprite to give the illusion of super speed

Beam spell:

- Set a min and max amount of projectiles that can be fired by a beam spell

- When the player holds the key, the beam spell charges

- The longer you hold the key, the more projectiles fire

Beam struggle:

- When a beam hits another another beam a QTE (Quick Time Event) or something similar comes up, the player who finishes the QTE faster wins a tile. 

- Beam spells get a 'power' attribute

- Options when a beam struggle is possible: Check if beam power is within a range, check if Magic Power is within a range

Hair stuff seems simple enough. Though im not sure what you mean by: 

"- Transformation changes the hair layer instead of overlaying a sprite"

Hard to put a price on it without seeing the source though. Depends on how clean the code is.

54 minutes ago, Mighty Professional said:

Hair stuff seems simple enough. Though im not sure what you mean by: 

"- Transformation changes the hair layer instead of overlaying a sprite"

Hard to put a price on it without seeing the source though. Depends on how clean the code is.

At the moment the Transformation spell only overlays a sprite over your sprite. 

I want to be able to change just the hair layer so you can still see all the equipment the character is wearing

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

except maybe beams

Im listening... ;)

I was reading through the thread and thought of a few changes to your request. I know this isnt a feature request thread, but one where you would be wiling to pay for someone to program these in for you so if your willing to pay might as well explore all your options.

What would be a cool feature would be if on the items themselves had an option to toggle the paper doll when the player transforms. That way the sprite does change, but the player keeps all their clothes/armor. In the case of the super sayain they keep their clothes but the hair/helmet disappears when transformed.

1 minute ago, Apache_ said:

I was reading through the thread and thought of a few changes to your request. I know this isnt a feature request thread, but one where you would be wiling to pay for someone to program these in for you so if your willing to pay might as well explore all your options.

What would be a cool feature would be if on the items themselves had an option to toggle the paper doll when the player transforms. That way the sprite does change, but the player keeps all their clothes/armor. In the case of the super sayain they keep their clothes but the hair/helmet disappears when transformed.

I was thinking about that, but I want people to be able to wear a helmet while transformed! 

Appreciate the input though, feel free to add to the thread what you think would be good! 

20 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Every X.0 version are bugged, why not just skip it to Dash 2.3?

This kind of input is less appreciated :39_angry: 

Still hoping to see some (preliminary) estimates from people! 

It's pretty hard to give an estimation without the actual sources as without see how the code was build we can't estimate the number of files to modify and how many time it will take soooo for an estimation i think is too early for the moment.

But what i can say is when the sources will be release i could try to do at least the Hair system & Transformation spell upgrade but only for free and if you agree if i share the source modification to the community, don't want to be paid but i prefer anyone could have it ... =s

22 minutes ago, oOScuByOo said:

It's pretty hard to give an estimation without the actual sources as without see how the code was build we can't estimate the number of files to modify and how many time it will take soooo for an estimation i think is too early for the moment.

But what i can say is when the sources will be release i could try to do at least the Hair system & Transformation spell upgrade but only for free and if you agree if i share the source modification to the community, don't want to be paid but i prefer anyone could have it ... =s

I guess if everyone tells me they need to see source before they can give an estimation, there is some truth to it! :D;)

I'd appreciate that a lot! I was actually planning on releasing the systems to the community anyway (except for the beams/beam struggle) so that works out perfectly! 

Great to see you have the same mindset and want to help out! Thanks! 

18 comments in and people still don't get that this is not a feature request for the Devs but something I want to pay a programmer for to make me. 

@bunny, your suggestion is close, but not quite what I want. 

Anyway, thought of another system:

Collectable book:

Find collectables in the world and they will show up in this book. The collectables give minor bonuses in stats / exp gain / etc

5 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

18 comments in and people still don't get that this is not a feature request for the Devs but something I want to pay a programmer for to make me. 

@bunny, your suggestion is close, but not quite what I want. 

Anyway, thought of another system:

Collectable book:

Find collectables in the world and they will show up in this book. The collectables give minor bonuses in stats / exp gain / etc

This isn't good for a base system. Ie. we have a similar idea we want to implement into Nightmare, only its a "Special Items" tab. Having said that, if there was a way to separate items into categories/different windows, and have them display over different graphics (book, menu whatever) then we'd have a dynamic system to work with. Even then, I can't see jc or anyone else adding it now. I'm looking forward to source, so that we can go ahead and do some of our ideas.

Personally I think the hair paperdoll should be a base system, considering this is an "mmorpg maker".

9 hours ago, Processinho said:

I'm new to this forum but, if it's a "system I want", it would be cool this Hair system and one that I wait anxiously is the attack/cast frames.

13 hours ago, Dashplant said:

Well this is the system that @Dashplant want to ask to a external developper than the engine's developper. Like Kibbelz said:

On 3/5/2019 at 10:31 AM, Kibbelz said:

None of this will be in the base engine except maybe beams but even then not in the initial release.

So it would be up to @Dashplant to accept if he want or not to give those system to the community (and the developper that made the system)

3 hours ago, Uyarrr said:

After Craft Events and Requirements. (Example: When Wooden Staff crafted, do events.)

LMAO, STOP

@mods, please lock this topic, ffs, 15 posts about this not being a request a feature topic. Starting to think people here don't know how to read..