Sign in to follow this  
jcsnider

Dev Blog 2/6/2019 - UI Overhaul (Live Progress Thread)

a4727b61d3221e25d4960d124f383986.png

UI Overhaul Live Progress Thread

Introduction

Our primary focus with Intersect is shifting. There are no more massive features planned on the roadmap. Going forward, our primary goal is to polish the engine. We want to get it to a stable point where you all can feel comfortable running large games with it, we want the engine to look nice and be presentable on platforms like itch.io/steam/etc, and we want to make sure that all of the default content distributed with the engine moving forward is completely free and legal to use in all projects (commercial or otherwise) forever.

Awhile back we hosted a fundraiser to acquire a set of community tilesets/characters/etc in which people could build their games with. Working alongside @Zetasis we created a character generator which will be packaged with the engine starting in B6. Last year I traded @Aesthetic a few months of Intersect hosting in exchange for a ui mockup. (1, 2, 3)  Sounds and music have yet to be sourced, but I'm working on it :P

Anyways, I'm finally getting around to working on the new ui, and while nothing in this thread is final, I want to show off the progress that we're making as it's made, and hopefully get everyone hyped for B6!

Main Menu

5de8b124d11bf25576b3ee2976aa7dea.png

Login

94579427994e4c3084e898c8a46a3d0d.png

Registration

d188f04c47b51940702ac2a517461c94.png

Settings

472362af86ada2769c480c94ca28675e.png

Controls

ad86fe91f9e7e7d3671012d1656cd133.png

Credits

08547746b417b8fe0d2236451fa307ba.png

Error/Informational Window

5b692d02cd660d41ae0172d4c23bc450.png

Up Next - Character Creation/Selection

Let us know what you think, stay tuned, I will be posting a lot of progress updates in this thread!

9 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

The previous UI designs weren't bad, but I like the new ones way more

Chaos is a ladder.

But for real this is a step by step sorta thing. What we currently have is better then nothing. This is better than what we currently have. Whatever comes next will probably top this. Good news is that I’m learning a LOT about photoshop, and I’m getting ideas on how to make our UI config files better moving into the future :) 

On 2/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, jcsnider said:

Update! Settings screen redone :)

472362af86ada2769c480c94ca28675e.png

UI is looking fantastic. Looks very modernised with its own unique feel, I really do like this. Good job.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, Rayslay said:

How about Up, down, Left and Righ. 

No Up, Left, Down and Right.

This is just my opinion.

Easy to change in the json files :P

I like Up/Down/Left/Right more.. but then you break W/A/S/D. (Rip)

Anyways, another small window done, the little info/error window when the server is offline or you type something in wrong:

5b692d02cd660d41ae0172d4c23bc450.png

4 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

you ever made a user friendly, coding free, free to use mmo engine rom scratch before? :^)

Not even that.. it's also traveling, spending time with friends/family, doing work that produces an income to support myself. Engine is a hobby. If it's not progressing fast enough then take the salt somewhere else, sheesh.

wut? jc has a life? no no no, jc is here only to satisfy our desires, he is our slave. Forget that family and friends and start the working, god damnit. Add a pet system, and a guild system, and a pet guild system and a guild pet system dash2.0ing to the moon for tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Aesthetic said:

you ever made a user friendly, coding free, free to use mmo engine rom scratch before? :^)

Obviously, yes.

7 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

wut? jc has a life? no no no, jc is here only to satisfy our desires, he is our slave. Forget that family and friends and start the working, god damnit. Add a pet system, and a guild system, and a pet guild system and a guild pet system dash2.0ing to the moon for tomorrow.

No one has demanded that he do things for us, and if that is not his will, release the source code at once, or the sale does so.

I am not to blame if I am not as well-off as you who submit to all that is imposed upon you.

8 hours ago, Dashplant said:

In that case I suggest you stay away for at least a year 

So I came back, still in the same place.

11 minutes ago, SkyZero said:

No one has demanded that he do things for us, and if that is not his will, release the source code at once, or the sale does so.

I am not to blame if I am not as well-off as you who submit to all that is imposed upon you.

I hope you are just a troll.