The Bunny Gamer

Open Beta Darkest Dawn Online MMORPG

Game has been transferred to game page:

DARKEST DAWN ONLINE MMORPG HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KEi-xKA0bzyRVm_iRhcN6gsilA3WF95z

DOWNLOAD INSTUCTIONS:

1) WINDOWS: Download the .exe file that should have a green mail icon as a logo.
MAC: Download the .zip file that should have a black arrow pointing downwards as a logo.
2) WINDOWS: Double click the file in file manager and it should pop up with a file directory, and you must click accept.
MAC: Right click the folder and click extract.
3) Open the folder once it has finished extracting the file.
4) Open the file under the name "Intersect Client.exe".
5) If the server is currently online, then you're aces!

NEW OPENING TIMES

Weekdays - 6pm till 10pm GMT

Weekends - 10am till 10pm GMT

Warning - These opening times are NOT guaranteed. The server consists only of a family PC.

Darkest Dawn Online was a singleplayer project in RPG Maker 2003 started in August, 2017, and now it is hopefully going to become a glorious MMORPG!

Features:

Already introduced:

-FREE

-PvP Arenas

-PK System

-Woodcutting

-Pets (just one for now)

-4 playable classes

-A massive world

-Small storylines and sidequests

-Active staff team of 3 people including me

-Real-time time system

-Crafting, etc

Planning to add:

-Paperdolls for every weapon (yes these are 'borrowed' from community resources :p)

-Real-time Weather

And more to come!

Screenshots:

Spoiler
Spoiler

298d03cc2db63ee61323300db3c09ece.png

Spoiler

21a04f10bf29b4e225300bb62c7b1347.png

Spoiler

1cda4613b551e9c2674ca64ca88e70f2.png

[OUTDATED AND NO LONGER USED] Screenshots and GIFs:

Spoiler

f41ce5393bb36b4cd16b74cfdf0496fe.png

42ec02d66748409e2d0695596a1d8f52.png

8873a93faa5af3574355d89352e367ae.png9286e0de99df107a48575787e65811e5.png06ccc9d2148f297b616dd95ba2ba20a6.pngc38ba41d5b3e0852b04895e327b329f7.pngaa2cedcc82a1ab4b9a27065e0459ee2f.png1e1823d92573da713f33b54249ebf978.gif

Darkest Dawn Online

Coming soon.

Look at other projects, find a map you like, try to recreate it from memory. Then look at the difference. Draw inspiration from other mappers.

I get compliments on my mapping, Nightmare also has good maps. 

Another tip is to try out different tilesets. I for example dont like rmxp tiles that you use. It takes a long time to become a great mapper, have patience and dont give up.

Shortly put, look at other mappers work, and look at what they do that you dont.

3 hours ago, froggy said:

Look at other projects, find a map you like, try to recreate it from memory. Then look at the difference. Draw inspiration from other mappers.

I get compliments on my mapping, Nightmare also has good maps. 

Another tip is to try out different tilesets. I for example dont like rmxp tiles that you use. It takes a long time to become a great mapper, have patience and dont give up.

Shortly put, look at other mappers work, and look at what they do that you dont.

Froggy is spot on, mapping takes time and a lot of practice.

As an example here is what my maps used to look like over 10 years ago when I first started developing games (using Old GFX and Konfuze Engine):

Spoiler

16749c30d1b1afce34c45af261bdaae3.png

Everything looks square, samey and boring on my map.

And now this is a preview of a map in my current game:

Spoiler

1c9d0d10b2894c1f79b17ca468feba70.png

Looks a lot better if I say so myself :P

You get better over time and learn new tricks, but also the graphics you use are a major factor.

Good luck with your game :D

38 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Well I think it's gonna have to stay that way because I intend to release it roughly 13th Feb and I still SUCKKK at mapping so it's just gonna have to stay as it is, I guess...

I don't mean to discourage you, but unless you work on your developing you won't have any players interested in playing your game more than once. To put it into perspective, I started on my project with Intersect in 2016, and i have had one testing phase so far, but to be fair, I don't have a lot of leisure time to do what i want, so my progress has been slow :) 

Should you release your project to the public in two weeks time, don't be discouraged if you don't have a lot of recurring players. Keep working and improving and you'll get there if game developing is something you're interested in.

Anyhow, good luck with the release!

Ok so I'll start with paths that are curvy and not just straight, then I'll go onto adding hills on the snow biome etc. Bare in mind that the map looks much crazier as events and most of the trees, etc, are events but you can't see events in editor

DARKEST DAWN ONLINE MMORPG HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KEi-xKA0bzyRVm_iRhcN6gsilA3WF95z

DOWNLOAD INSTUCTIONS:

1) WINDOWS: Download the .exe file that should have a green mail icon as a logo.
MAC: Download the .zip file that should have a black arrow pointing downwards as a logo.
2) WINDOWS: Double click the file in file manager and it should pop up with a file directory, and you must click accept.
MAC: Right click the folder and click extract.
3) Open the folder once it has finished extracting the file.
4) Open the file under the name "Intersect Client.exe".
5) If the server is currently online, then you're aces!