Intersect Beta 5 Release Plans - Updated!

jcsnider
Message added by jcsnider

Topic locked, B5 is now out and can be found here!

I think thats something that can be way better handled by an external application (like a website), either directly with the database or possibly even better with the new API. (same for account creation)

I can see the appeal for users without the technical knowledge, however i also think that quite a bit of this technical knowledge is needed to make a good game anyways.

For me, personally, features like emails sent from the gameserver directly or even account creation in the client are problably going to get removed on day 1 of the source release. Same for that UPnP stuff :)

Update!

Hey everyone! Thanks for an amazing Stage 1 testing phase so far! We've had more people online and playing than I ever expected. Also due to your efforts we have encountered and resolved nearly 2 dozen bugs which you will no longer have to deal with in the final Beta 5 release! 

In this Demo Game update the following has been addressed:

Fixed:

• Quests (Killing npcs now tracks progress)
  • Bags
  • Banks
  • Parties (You can kick party members now)
  • Crafting
  • Trading
  • Friending
  • Kibz's Spelling!  -- "developper" :P 
  • Fire Sword - Now two handed as advertised
  • Crashing on logout when in a party
  • Incorrect Spell Cooldowns
  • Mac and Linux Support of the Client
  • Various server crashes that would lead to "lost connection" errors.

Still Broken but being worked on:

• Cliff autotiles
  • Npc/Event Collisions with Players

Use our launcher to grab the latest update and keep playing to help us out a little more! Let's eradicate all the bugs!

18 hours ago, eins said:

I think thats something that can be way better handled by an external application (like a website), either directly with the database or possibly even better with the new API. (same for account creation)

I can see the appeal for users without the technical knowledge, however i also think that quite a bit of this technical knowledge is needed to make a good game anyways.

For me, personally, features like emails sent from the gameserver directly or even account creation in the client are problably going to get removed on day 1 of the source release. Same for that UPnP stuff :)

This engine is not only fo users with technical knowledge though. 

Update!

I've got more bug fixes on the way for the demo game, but we need to press forward with B5's release.

Unfortunately there are a TON of bugs with our editors that I hadn't previously noticed.. I'm patching them up now but I don't think a full community Beta 5 test is a good choice yet. So I'm introducing Stage 1.5:

Stage 1.5:

I want 3-4 people to give Beta 5 a try in a closed test over the next 2-3 days. Let's find the major bugs and patch them up, and then the community can come together to help us work out the rest. Looking for people who can dedicate several hours a day 3-4 each day over the next 2-3 days. Are you interested? Let me know by filling out the form below, so I can pick the best group of testers for this task.

Beta 5, Stage 1.5 Candidacy Form

Thanks, JC!

Thanks everyone! There’s lots of interest in Stage 1.5 testing and I’m really looking forward to kicking it off!

I will be selecting candidates as soon as everything is ready to go which will hopefully be late tonight! (Tomorrow otherwise!)

If you’re interested then there’s still plenty of time to submit the form above to be considered for this testing stage!

Update!

The private testing phase is quickly coming to a close. I want to quickly thank all of the testers for the countless hours they've spent helping make B5 as stable as possible for it's first public release.

Thank you @Zetasis, @Mcadams, @Raku, @Khaikaa, @Niko, and @dxxknight :)

During this testing stage the following bugs have been found and fixed:

• Event ‘change face’ command not working
  • Instances where the client/editor will loop and log a TON of nonsense.
  • FPS limiter not working when decreased from ‘No Limit’
  • Editor crashes when loading or changing maps
  • HidePicture event command

• Deleting event command fixes

• Various bugs with equipping weapons/shields with weird equipment configs

• The inability to set animation loop counts to 0 in the animation editor

• Fixed texture setting that would bring some computers frame rates to a crawl (3-5fps or lower)

• Cliff Autotiles

• Fixed global events not spawning on server boot

• Fixed map sound effects

• Fixed map warp attributes losing direction upon migration from B4 to B5.

• Fixed flipping map selection vertically/horizontally (Kibz forgot 4 ‘=’ characters)

• Fixed crash when creating new characters/accounts

• Fixed paperdoll rendering

• Fixed editor crafting windows from having buttons/controls cut off

• Delete npc confirmation box loading behind the npc editor

• Map Attribute Lists (ie animations and resources)  refresh when switching tabs in that menu

• Client crashes when deleting anything in the editor

• Open settings hotkey

• Made auto-target less flashy and not reset when targeting the same thing

• Global event switch switches not setting/checking correctly

• Player Sprite Duplication on Logout/Returning to Character Select

• Player touch global events not activating

• Shop default currency not migrating correctly 

• Fixed map renames not propagating correctly

• Fixed light editor values not saving properly

• Fixed numeric input arrows from losing styling
    a5c227260de000ef367f42b8582c77c9.png

• Resource not vanishing from client when removed from map under certain settings

• NPC name colors flashing under certain aggression settings

• Textbox text funky/skipping forward when typing

• Global switches editor combo box value not appearing.

• Global map event positions glitching when leaving/entering map

• Character faces not displaying in the character selection box

• Glitches with event entity inspector word wrapping.

• Npc spawn duration is stored in seconds (not ms)

• Inability to hide CharacterInfoLabel ui element on character selection window

• Announcements sent form the server console not displaying in the correct color

• Npcs avoid walkable resources when pathfinding

• Stunning NPC makes them lose aggro/target

• Main menu hidden when F11 is toggled to hide game ui

• ‘Has at least’ condition not working for items in multiple stacks and unstackable items

• Fixing crafting progress bar from sizing incorrectly

• Fix party life bars from sizing incorrectly

• Map renames not propagating correctly (cont)

• Event move routes pausing when blocked and ‘ignore if blocked’ selected.

• Fixed losing of map folders when they are drug into themselves in the map list

• Fixed editor windows sometimes losing focus when other editors save maps

• Unsupported resolution choices will show an error, instead of a gltichy world.

• Updated MonoGame to working version for @Jjvm_, @LinkTaylord, and all those who could run B4 but not the B5 demo game.

• Fixed editor not downloading default resources when the resources directory isn’t found.

• Fixed a bug where, with latency, you could glitch onto the same tile as an event

• Fixed class attack anims when engine is configured to have no weapon slots.

• Pvp Basic Attacks not working

• Deleted characters not disappearing until client restart

• Music not stopping when it should while switching maps

• Server lag/crashes when rapidly setting global switch/variable values

• Goto Label event commands

• Copying and pasting of event pages

The Demo Game has been updated with all of these bug fixes, feel free to give that a try!

We are doing one final internal testing build and then B5 will be released publicly to everyone! Stay tuned, it'll be here real soon :) 

I've been in this community for less than a year and it is awesome to see how the engine grew in this time. I would never imagine that this engine would be this important for me as it is now, I use it almost everyday, talk about it almost everyday and think about it a few times each day. It is making possible my dream of developing a mmo even when I'm not very good at coding yet, and for free. Not much more to say but thank you so much for the hard work, I understand that its hard not only because the engine itself but the crowd(including myself) asking for more work, asking stupid and/or answered questions... etc. Thank you.