Sign in to follow this  
Kibbelz

How to change the screen size of your game

Hello community,

Many people are frustrated by the tiny screen on the current version of Orion. I myself also agree to this. So I thought I'd post a simple tutorial aimed at the slightly newer members of the community on how to change the screen size of your game. (Note: By screen size I'm implying the box where the actual map is rendered).

First, start by opening the source code and looking for the two public constants:

Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = NUMBER_OF_TILES_HERE
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = NUMBER_OF_TILES_HERE

Simply change the values to however many tiles you wish displayed on the screen. For example, I chose 17 tiles in the X axis and 13 in the Y axis. (Note: Always go for an odd number otherwise you're character will not be in the center of the screen when walking...)

Finally head over to the form frmmaingame and find picscreen and set the width and height to:

YOUR_NUMBER_OF_TILES * TILE_SIZE

Assuming you haven't changed the tile size, it will be 32 by default. So for this example, my screen size is now 17 * 32 = 544 pixels wide and 13 * 32 = 416 pixels long. If you fail your math here, expect a few strange results :P.

And that is it, simple as that! You will need to adjust the layout of your forms given your new screen size! I hope this helped and enjoy!

Is the tutorial still up to date? I can not find the Global Constante. or in which file should they be?

Thx

12 hours ago, Damian666 said:

depends, old orion works fine, orion + nope

Which version is this?