Lupon

Side Scroller / Platformer ORPG engine?

Question

Heeeey!

I don't know If this the right place to ask but is there any side scroller/platformer online engine out there?

I used google but the only one I found so far is a very old one called 'Project Vertigo'. 

Does anyone knows about other or a new one? :23_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you!

12 answers to this question

Vertigo by MrMiguu was awesome back in the day! It's definitely worth playing with and someone might pull off something similar in Intersect down the road :P

As far as alternatives go I'm afraid that this post won't be of any help.

14 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Vertigo by MrMiguu was awesome back in the day! It's definitely worth playing with and someone might pull off something similar in Intersect down the road :P

As far as alternatives go I'm afraid that this post won't be of any help.

That's what I thought lol thanks anyways! :8_laughing:

6 hours ago, Agoraphobic said:

Enterbrain is working on a 2D sidescroller engine, but is singleplayer and no eta on its release yet.

Sort of off-topic but wasn't the top-down also single player, and was only modded and a server written by users to facilitate online play?

9 hours ago, Agoraphobic said:

Enterbrain is working on a 2D sidescroller engine, but is singleplayer and no eta on its release yet.

Oh I see, sadly I want it multiplayer :45_persevere:

9 hours ago, Jumbofile said:

Im working on one in orion+ (Not ready yet) and here is an old one based off of vertigo, https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfwk0x17phsdgmr/ProjectCubedv2.rar?dl=0

Glad to read that and thanks for the link I'll check it out! 

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Oh gosh, I prefer Intersect Engine. I tried Project Cubed, Didn't understand :7_sweat_smile:

It acts a lot like eclipse 2.0, its vb6.

I personally would love a sidescroller version of Intersect. I would be very interested in helping those interested when we go open source provided we share with the community :)

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

I personally would love a sidescroller version of Intersect. I would be very interested in helping those interested when we go open source provided we share with the community :)

Thats what I plan to do when source is available. Im much more comfortable with c# in comparison to vb.net.