Jump to content
  • 0
Lupon

Side Scroller / Platformer ORPG engine?

Question

Heeeey!

 

I don't know If this the right place to ask but is there any side scroller/platformer online engine out there?

I used google but the only one I found so far is a very old one called 'Project Vertigo'. 

 

Does anyone knows about other or a new one? :23_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Vertigo by MrMiguu was awesome back in the day! It's definitely worth playing with and someone might pull off something similar in Intersect down the road :P

 

As far as alternatives go I'm afraid that this post won't be of any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Vertigo by MrMiguu was awesome back in the day! It's definitely worth playing with and someone might pull off something similar in Intersect down the road :P

 

As far as alternatives go I'm afraid that this post won't be of any help.

 

That's what I thought lol thanks anyways! :8_laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Agoraphobic said:

Enterbrain is working on a 2D sidescroller engine, but is singleplayer and no eta on its release yet.

Sort of off-topic but wasn't the top-down also single player, and was only modded and a server written by users to facilitate online play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Agoraphobic said:

Enterbrain is working on a 2D sidescroller engine, but is singleplayer and no eta on its release yet.

Oh I see, sadly I want it multiplayer :45_persevere:

9 hours ago, Jumbofile said:

Im working on one in orion+ (Not ready yet) and here is an old one based off of vertigo, https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfwk0x17phsdgmr/ProjectCubedv2.rar?dl=0

Glad to read that and thanks for the link I'll check it out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Oh gosh, I prefer Intersect Engine. I tried Project Cubed, Didn't understand :7_sweat_smile:

It acts a lot like eclipse 2.0, its vb6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I personally would love a sidescroller version of Intersect. I would be very interested in helping those interested when we go open source provided we share with the community :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

I personally would love a sidescroller version of Intersect. I would be very interested in helping those interested when we go open source provided we share with the community :)

Thats what I plan to do when source is available. Im much more comfortable with c# in comparison to vb.net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×