Sign in to follow this  
QufitMOV

Creating a game in the style of MMORPG

Question

All hi, I recently came up with the idea of creating games in the style of MMORPG, but I tried to watch different videos "How to create a game," "Lessons in creating games," etc. I often tried to create games on Unity, but it's too difficult for me, and lessons are difficult (3 :), many can say that "You have hands from one place," or something else, but I'm just kalich and lazy. I like design, I study a programmer, I like 2D MMORPG games, I tried the Intersect Engine (I did not understand it well), Eclipse (I often tried, but could not). I would like to know if there are lessons on creating games by easy way and so on. For earlier thanks: D

SkyIsland.png.13335a28b1faac0f753dcf57de488e8f.png

7 answers to this question

Most of us kinda just threw ourselves into game design. When i was 12 i made a game called Psychic Journey which had literally no plot and random maps that looked like garbage, I learned how to script basic code, and when i didn't understand something i asked questions, and not just "how do I do this" rather, "how do i do this, also please explain how you got your answer." It's an art, and it takes time.

Also, i wouldn't say "in the style of an mmorpg". MMORPG is a genre (a compound genre at that), not necessarily a style. Your game is either an MMO or it's not. The games around here are ORPGs, the part that would make a game an MMO would be the size of its community. Hence the "Massive Multiplayer" part of the title.

As for finding guides and tutorials for how to create a game:

This link should suffice all your needs and questions:
http://bfy.tw/Gr4L

3 minutes ago, Crest said:

Most of us kinda just threw ourselves into game design. When i was 12 i made a game called Psychic Journey which had literally no plot and random maps that looked like garbage, I learned how to script basic code, and when i didn't understand something i asked questions, and not just "how do I do this" rather, "how do i do this, also please explain how you got your answer." It's an art, and it takes time.

Also, i wouldn't say "in the style of an mmorpg". MMORPG is a genre (a compound genre at that), not necessarily a style. Your game is either an MMO or it's not. The games around here are ORPGs, the part that would make a game an MMO would be the size of its community. Hence the "Massive Multiplayer" part of the title.

As for finding guides and tutorials for how to create a game:

This link should suffice all your needs and questions:
http://bfy.tw/Gr4L

Thanks for the answer, I'll try :)

I I am drowned in sea of game creation since 2008 when I started to develop pirate server of MU Online and OT Tibia, from then I wanted to learn how to create my own games, until then I could not launch a game even because a mmorpg is very complete and depends on many things, 2018 I am able to finance my ambition related to graphics along I have a good knowledge in programming.

Do not expect it to be easy but nothing is impossible, study, plan and put into practice.

><

On 28/02/2018 at 6:06 PM, K   said:

Quick note: If you are lazy, don't expect to ever release a game. It's a lot of hard work.

Even if you aren't lazy, don't get your hopes up too much lol.