Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

Today on my project, I learnt me the value of friendship; Ultimately meaningless.

For real though,

Took a step away from Salem for the week to work on a quantum computing presentation. So I worked on a quantum computing presentation

6 minutes ago, raeven said:

Added a few new mobs to our game:

https://i.gyazo.com/5e8e52f5001a59f349d786df17957b00.mp4

Your proportions are WAY off. That tent is HUGE compared to the player. Doesn't make much sense. Same goes for the trees, the player is super tiny compared to that of the tree or tent. 

The animals look good though!

1 hour ago, Giligis said:

Your proportions are WAY off. That tent is HUGE compared to the player. Doesn't make much sense. Same goes for the trees, the player is super tiny compared to that of the tree or tent. 

The animals look good though!

It's an artistic decision. Think of any 3D MMO out there, they have the same proportion disparity. It makes the environment seem grander and feel more epic than with a realistic scale

2014-09-27-12_22_28-world-of-warcraft.pn

1 minute ago, raeven said:

It's an artistic decision. Think of any 3D MMO out there, they have the same proportion disparity. It makes the environment seem grander and feel more epic than with a realistic scale

2014-09-27-12_22_28-world-of-warcraft.pn

Its also worth noting the house apears much bigger because of camera angles :P

Just now, Kibbelz said:

Its also worth noting the house apears much bigger because of camera angles :P

You ever played WoW? (I know this reads kinda in an aggresive tone, not intended. A genuine question)

Everything is way out of proportion there, just took this screenshot from live:

c40d9a4777dd23db61be477e29ca0d5a.jpg

Your zoomed way out though, and with 3D, you can zoom in and out. With 2D you cant really change the perspective so its much more noticeable, it doesn't look right with 2D at all, if you can find a 2D example maybe I can see what you are saying but for now it looks awkward and weird to me, its good art, just looks weird to me personally. 

2 hours ago, Giligis said:

Your zoomed way out though, and with 3D, you can zoom in and out. With 2D you cant really change the perspective so its much more noticeable, it doesn't look right with 2D at all, if you can find a 2D example maybe I can see what you are saying but for now it looks awkward and weird to me, its good art, just looks weird to me personally. 

If I zoomed in you wouldn't even see the thing because of how big it is, that's the point

8 minutes ago, raeven said:

If I zoomed in you wouldn't even see the thing because of how big it is, that's the point

Thats what I'm saying though, you dont play zoomed out like that, so yes, it isn't proportioned right, but in 3D you zoom in, that specific tower doesnt look as big as it does zoomed out. The height looks right, I know that tower it looks like from Westfall. I just personally think with 3D its easy and even looks nice to pull off, but looks alot different when 2D.

I dont mean to come off as bashing whatsoever, either haha. I like the art work and admire the hard work, just giving my two cents thats all, dont want any hard feelings <3

1 hour ago, Giligis said:

Thats what I'm saying though, you dont play zoomed out like that, so yes, it isn't proportioned right, but in 3D you zoom in, that specific tower doesnt look as big as it does zoomed out. The height looks right, I know that tower it looks like from Westfall. I just personally think with 3D its easy and even looks nice to pull off, but looks alot different when 2D.

I dont mean to come off as bashing whatsoever, either haha. I like the art work and admire the hard work, just giving my two cents thats all, dont want any hard feelings <3

Don't worry, by text it's easy taking everything as an attack, but no hard feelings at all here either

@Beefy Kasplant The round tree looks more like a tree you would expect to find in a pokemon game and seems out of place with the art style, the shorter pine tree is okay but shouldn't be in an environment with the rest of those trees as it doesn't really fit, something such as a snowy area seems more fitting.

6 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Beefy Kasplant The round tree looks more like a tree you would expect to find in a pokemon game and seems out of place with the art style, the shorter pine tree is okay but shouldn't be in an environment with the rest of those trees as it doesn't really fit, something such as a snowy area seems more fitting.

Quite sure the round one is from a pokemon game actually!

I agree with the round one, getting rid of it and instead I'll make a bigger version of the pine tree.

16 hours ago, TheSandersGuy said:

Worked on a transformation for my DBZ game, still WIP.

https://i.gyazo.com/f0702965d6cf5081968d422bcf6a6167.mp4

I'm a DBZ fan myself but i wish people wouldn't keep using those tiny tiny tiny little sprites every fan project uses ;-; it would looks so much cooler on a larger template like half kaiser or something

Other than that its very good! I love the use of casting animations for the charging effect.

13 minutes ago, TheSandersGuy said:

Nice but what is the point of having a buff which doesn't make the player stronger?

1 minute ago, TheSandersGuy said:

I don't really know how to do that just yet, I just started to get the hang of knowing what to do with the commands to get it to work.

Well you can't, the event editor doesn't have an option to change player stat.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a day off of work today for a nice little change. Finally started work on my Intersect Project. Have half a journal full of notes that I can't really do anything with until Source is released, but in the meantime I can map out the game world.

Pic2.png

Map.png

First map. (Not the starting position of the player obviously)

If you haven't already, I would highly suggest downloading my little Shadows tileset I made for AGD. It's how I could do that nice overhang effect under the land bridge.