Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

So, today I started working on my new vacation project.

I created every tile and animation from scratch (the Store isn't ready yet tho) because I want it to be unique.

(Also I found out Intersect is way more reliable on animations that I thought, this Killer Prices hologram has 60 frames, still pretty far away from the 400, which I plan to reach very soon).

The video quality is pretty bad, probably because the Window's xbox dvr encoder.

So, today I finished the effects of the Trading District parts that I drew, I'm very happy with the results since I did this in less than 2 days.

I'm at 30% of the outside City tiles and I'll create a topic for the game as soon as I start to create the structural part of the game (and think about a name for it. lol)

But for sure It'll be focused on PVP. 

Video (Low quality recording, still don't know why)

Spoiler

Better quality image (still not as good as ingame)

Spoiler

ZP4ol2D.jpg

2 hours ago, Sethis said:

Damn pal, the colors are vibrant and I just love the atmosphere ... when will we be able to test the game ? :P

I really would like to say a date, but I'd be lying. I just can say that I hope to have it soon :2_grimacing:

25551556_1474400122655337_1018558279_o.j

25497948_1473295582765791_11277749963013

So I work for Lego now, and star wars just came out, so I'm making these for myself and fellow employees. We get to carry them around at work lol. $60 + shipping a piece if you want one. They come in Blade Colors of Blue, Green, Red, or Purple with Hilt Colors of White, Black, or Painted Silver. Don't really expect any of you to wanna get one, but the option's there lol.

fa3af4e10abfc050c3ab218bdd6a9a75.png

Created auto-tiles for my land masses today, it makes mapping huge areas of the game much quicker. The problem is everything has now become very square. What do you guys think? Should I just map the old fashion way, its very time consuming. A view of the old more natural tiles is to the left, which i believe looks a lot better. But huge land masses, mountain ranges and much more can be done quicker with the auto-tiles.

@NikoIf you use the rpgmaker xp format it will be less square if you use the diagonal corners. This is the main reason why i decided to support both auto tile types alongside supporting multiple graphics without the need to convert. I think this topic explains what I mean the most: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/diagonal-tiles-make-a-world-of-difference-enterbrain.4249/page-2

@Kibbelz It worked out great!

ff1027f64563a07eae07eb94c816e217.png

Thank The Gods! I wanted a method of creating large amounts of content quickly but could never have achieved it with my old method. Now the bottom rocks and water shadow i have to paint on but the whole grass area with the brown trim is now auto-tiled with success. So I will live with this.

Its worth noting i would still use regular static tiles over long distance terrain for the overworld that stretch a long distance. I find autotiles messy when going cross maps especially with cliff tops of type autotile. You'll see what i mean when you get there ;)

9fabc54ac2105d4585eaafd2de293c1d.png

implemented concept of images and z-index for UI scripting on Salem-GDK

Ui Controller will read actions from reverse z index order, if I have 2 ui elements overlapping, and I click the overlapping region, it will always select the ui_control on the top.

If no z-index is specified in interface script, the application will find the next free z-index starting from 0.