Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

8 hours ago, SCTrav said:

Did you add the questionmark to the Sprite it is that some other magic?

8 hours ago, Miharukun said:

When you make event, there's Animation for the event. So, just make question mark animation and put it on the event :D

The question mark is a actually separate event that changes depending on what "quest state" your character is in. If you're in progress, its a gray question mark. If you can turn in the quest, the question mark turns yellow. If they have a new quest for you, it becomes an exclamation point. I could make a tutorial on it if people are interested.

https://gfycat.com/AptWillingBallpython.webm

42 minutes ago, MCADAMS said:

The question mark is a actually separate event that changes depending on what "quest state" your character is in. If you're in progress, its a gray question mark. If you can turn in the quest, the question mark turns yellow. If they have a new quest for you, it becomes an exclamation point. I could make a tutorial on it if people are interested.

WHATTT! Yes Please !

11 hours ago, MCADAMS said:

That is pretty clean.  I am looking to do similar, but just might have it for new quests and to recognize NPCs to turn quests into... (You start a few forget a few, come back a year later and turn in lol)

My changelog for the day:

Swapped out tutorial NPCs, no more combat instructor, replaced him with a crazy cat lady!

Added in a quest event.

Added in some backstory to the tutorial area, just because it has nothing to do with the story. Just a weird way to introduce the player to the engine mechanics.

Hard crashed the server with a chase event, (keeps the player from progressing if they are not lvl 5)  oob exception as soon as the event is in view of the player.

Re-colored some cc0 assets to my liking. (Just cats really)

IF anyone knows of any good commercial non-rpgmaker post apoc tilesets with run down cars let me know!

@Niko Your mapping is neat, I like the palette and globally it feel really natural and everything seems in its place .... but this :

587859tutorialisland.png

How do you even "park" a boat like that ? Is it feasible ? It seems to me that it would require some unnecessary work to accost or leave the port, having to turn around and such  :7_sweat_smile:

So this is kinda a catchup post, but...

Worked on Tutorial Area:

Spoiler

tutorial.PNG

Finished the inside of the building... Just need to finish working on the events:

Spoiler

insidetutorial.PNG

and worked on mapping out the tutorial dungeon. (filled with Dead Mouse get it? ) The hole to get to it is on the right map (tutorial map) hidden somewhat by the trees:

Spoiler

mouseWIP.PNG

So far doing ok with everything, just can't test out my Event in the north (on tutorial) as it crashes the server entirely everytime I go near it in the client.  This is where the player will escape this nightmare and actually be able to pick a class (human). My game isn't based around cats, I just wanted a tutorial filled with cats.

I added the dinosaurs in my game today. Their made by event, after all player attack the dinosaur 4 time his tail will be cut. The player will receive an item (the dinosaur's tail) and will able to cook it to regain hp. Only one dinosaur spawn at the same time and they only spawn the night.

31ff06cdabbd328e279a06e4aa628b45.png

Sorting through purchased assets, redesigning and fixing 32x32 tilesets that were not on a grid.  <= Pain in the butt, as most of them were touching eachother...  Will have to redo all of the animations as they are not in the correct format for this engine. Maybe tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, vinurd said:

finally the hands reached the events, variables. Today I made the points respawn and here is the construction system

Nice!  Are the blocks permanent? (besides if they take damage?)                                       

23 minutes ago, nizate said:

Nice!  Are the blocks permanent? (besides if they take damage?)        

Yes, the blocks are permanent. They NPC defender. They do not move. Damage they also get.need to ask the developers to add static NPCs .  If you set the HP is greater than zero. NPC"defender" begins to run after the one who inflicted harm