Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

Alrighty. Double post but this is pretty cool so *shrugs*

So, while we are trying to keep much of what Project Mythril is and will be under wraps, we were facing a roadblock in terms of production costs and time for what we had envisioned. A few nights ago I was searching for a solution, and found one: 2D Skeletal Animation.

JumpingJack.gif

Using this system we can cut down dramatically on entity production time. We can also delve into several game systems we had planned without having to worry about creating individual hand-drawn frames for every single paperdolled armor, hair style, and weapon. As an example of how this works:

Here's a quick Move Down animation (this was made by me, and therefore definitely not as slick as our artists can manage lol)

MoveDown.gif

And here's that same animation with new graphics:

MoveDownBlue.gif

Not only can this be used for Entities, but we can also use this system in the environment.

Breeze.gif

(Again, by me so don't expect to be BLOWN AWAY!)

I'm so sorry

But yeah, we're all super excited about this, and we are looking forward to what you guys think!

8 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I have a load of tilesets kicking around for this. Hit me up if you want em

Oh it can be very helpful for me, If you can send me them in my MP. Thanks to you

7 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

Alrighty. Double post but this is pretty cool so *shrugs*

So, while we are trying to keep much of what Project Mythril is and will be under wraps, we were facing a roadblock in terms of production costs and time for what we had envisioned. A few nights ago I was searching for a solution, and found one: 2D Skeletal Animation.

JumpingJack.gif

Using this system we can cut down dramatically on entity production time. We can also delve into several game systems we had planned without having to worry about creating individual hand-drawn frames for every single paperdolled armor, hair style, and weapon. As an example of how this works:

Here's a quick Move Down animation (this was made by me, and therefore definitely not as slick as our artists can manage lol)

MoveDown.gif

And here's that same animation with new graphics:

MoveDownBlue.gif

Not only can this be used for Entities, but we can also use this system in the environment.

Breeze.gif

(Again, by me so don't expect to be BLOWN AWAY!)

I'm so sorry

But yeah, we're all super excited about this, and we are looking forward to what you guys think!

The only issue I see with using 2D skeletal animations on pixel art, is that it skews the graphics. With vector art this isn't an issue. Other than that, it's not a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Xenogene said:

The only issue I see with using 2D skeletal animations on pixel art, is that it skews the graphics. With vector art this isn't an issue. Other than that, it's not a bad idea.

At first I was worried about this myself, however after plugging in these animations into Unity with some of the Tiles we have made as well, it looked superb. I think it's due to how smooth the animations are. If they had just a few frames then I think I would agree fullheartedly with it being a travesty against the graphics. Being so smooth, though, I can't foresee a future where people have a problem with it while playing the game.

Today i have work on a Pokemon Dungeon mystery Tiles, it look like this :

Spoiler

244a975d5fb144d411b0779a4375c512.png

I've also work on Pokemon Detection to enter into the guild, the pokemon who should recognize footprint is Taupiqueur(In french :D)

First :

1529073353-0.png

This is : Pokemon detected ! Pokemon detected !

Next :

1529073353-2.png

It say : Who owns thefootprint ? Who owns thefootprint ?

Next :

1529073353-3.png

It's Aiden's footprint ! It's Aiden's footprint !

Then if you have realised the first quest, this allows you to enter into the guild :

1529073352-6.png

To finish, I have created 2 new stand :

1529073678-10.png

"Kangourex" is a storage for your objects.

Today i helped @jarick254 for his shapeshifts event spell:

Keep in mind that my game is a dbz game, so i wrote it with the dbz universe. It was truely a good easy little system to do. Now the only thing it need to be a full system is the ability to edit the player stat by event.:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

As much as I like fan based games, surely you want to make your own maps to make it unique and interesting?

-Kibz

Yes your right but i have to use some elements of the real game?

On 2/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, gallighanmaker said:

Today I implemented my interface concept in the intersect engine but still some things are missing and need other adjustments. :)

Resolution: 1366x768

VujVE7x9T9GQAfqtrSM11A.png

How to make dynamic interfaces? It was a lot like that.

8 hours ago, Aiden9 said:
  Hide contents

ee0d62af57aa968592d4c940fa738260.png

This is the map i finish today, can you give me an advice ? (Thanks to Kibbelz for the help on the tileset..)

I get what you were going for but the bushes on the cliff walls look out of place. Would probably look better with a tile made to look like an outcrop/edge.

10 hours ago, mcadams said:

I get what you were going for but the bushes on the cliff walls look out of place. Would probably look better with a tile made to look like an outcrop/edge.

First thank you for your opinion, but do you think it's really look out of place ? i have do this like the real game and it's inspired me. 

Look at the scrren, it's from Pokemon Dungeon Mystery 2

aa4f3721b528f543b0fda25fb7dfa97a.png