Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

1 hour ago, Whitespirits said:

Hey guys, been messing with db sprites i had made ages ago and trying to see if they work with mack/xp reworks. What do you think?

screen.png

I really, REALLY don't like graphics meshing (meaning styles meshing together badly) but this is one of the better maps I've seen with graphics mixed. I think the building seems a bit flat when looking at it compared to its surroundings.

58 minutes ago, kamren said:

My pixel artists/rpg artist made me a new custom background of the game! 

bandicam 2018-04-14 11-59-50-901.jpg

I think you should brighten the text of "Login" and "Register". It's quite hard to see. Also, you can remove the "Andur" text from the menu.

Today I've been doing some research on how to incorporate a wired controller support option into Intersect via the monogame component (Project Mythril being a game with an action heavy focus). Of course I'll have to reevaluate once the source is released of course, but from what I can tell, there shouldn't be too much of an issue in terms of difficulty. More gross tedium than anything.

I've also been writing some pseudo code in my afore-mentioned notebook for more advanced features I'll be wanting to have a handle on BEFORE I dive into the source code.

Not much in terms of music lately for Project Mythril OR Arcwyre as I've been slightly uninspired as of late. I'm shooting for at least a song a week for each game starting today. Hopefully I can do more.

Today my mate and I finally designed a full event-driven all vs all minigame. It works this way:

- The player enters the lobby and decide if he wants to enter the queue or not and when. 

- When enough players are waiting on the queue, a countdown starts. Players on the queue can leave while the countdown runs if they want, also other people can join the queue while the countdown is running until it ends.

- When the queue ends, all players warp to the battlefield and the minigame begins. Players can't leave the minigame room until they die or win.

- When a player dies, he warps to the main map. Depending on his position he may get some prizes or not directly on his inventory.

- When there is only 1 player standing, minigame ends. The winner gets his prizes directly on his inventory and warps to the main map.

- If a player disconnects during the lobby countdown the queue notices his disappearance and acts accordingly. If there are not players enough on the queue, countdown stops and restart when a new player joins.

- If a player disconnects during the minigame, it notices his disappearance and acts accordingly. If there is only 1 player standing when he disconnects, that player will win and get the whole 1st possition prize.

We worked a lot with this automated mechanisms and finally, today, we could have some fun testing them. We are so happy that we could do something like this without any source coding (we're working on 4.8.1). We may show this working on a video.

Next goal: pve minigame.

Today I began working on Ruinic again, picking up where I left off fixing up the interface. There are some other changes to the structure and concept of the game that I would like to talk about, but I'll save that for a soon-to-be update post about the direction of the game.

3 minutes ago, JD Collier said:

Looks pretty cool. Music sounds familiar but I can’t put my finger in from where. 

Perhaps you heard it a few months ago when I originally posted a sneak peak of the track?

Not sure in any case. I had an indie composer whip it up back in September.

So I've been making some tiles for a customer and have been streaming some of the process so far. The style is out of my norm, which is generally retro, but its been a super fun experience and I've been learning from it too as well. Anyways, I just wanted to show off what I've got done so far. Feel free to let me know what you think.

d60dff21a9f80979f54cb3e982a401db.png

2 hours ago, JD Collier said:

So I've been making some tiles for a customer and have been streaming some of the process so far. The style is out of my norm, which is generally retro, but its been a super fun experience and I've been learning from it too as well. Anyways, I just wanted to show off what I've got done so far. Feel free to let me know what you think.

d60dff21a9f80979f54cb3e982a401db.png

Looks really good mate!! I especially like the spear with a skull on it, looks barbaric!!

7 hours ago, Refur said:

I started working on new animations for Nimue. I made this idea for a new spell.

Neat ! I really like both the style (even if I can't figure what the "staff" is supposed to be lol :4_joy:) and animation (especially the disappearance, the fire is well done too), but something seems off to me : the part when the "staff" is going down. If it's an attack animation, I imagine the "staff" is supposed to pierce through the enemy then end it's course stuck in the ground ? If so, I can't help but think that it lacks speed or power to do so as it is. The "staff" goes down too "slowly" ... not sure how to describe it but it doesn't give the impression that you'll be pinned to the ground by some divine godly magical ass spear or whatever ;)

Maybe make it go faster or add speed sfx ... ? Sorry I'm not am not of much help, I'm such a noob when it comes to giving art advices :3_grin: