Story Today I did this on my project...

SkywardRiver

On 20/03/2018 at 4:21 AM, Riptide said:

Scene #3 - Forest Home  

5ab08c7573ff7_Scene3.png.c15009af7bb53d972eecfdf81432ae6f.png

-Project Mythril-

As always, please feel free to leave feedback! As an artist, it's very helpful to me for gauging what works and what doesn't - especially when it comes to experimenting with new styles such as what we are trying to implement in our project. 

Why do the trees have three shades whilst everything else has two?  Are you trying to go for an approach where interactable items stand out through an extra shade? I've messed with that idea in the past, because it makes the object stand out due to the texture complexity. I almost always do it with the characters/monsters, where I try to use 4 shades for the characters, including a highlight, then use three shades for the environment. I've found that if you reverse this and simplify the character whilst complicating the environment, it gives the effect of the player "sinking" into the game environment, which can really take immersion up a notch.

2 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

I'm almost certain this would sound 1000% better if instead of a wind lead, you used harmonised choirs (two choirs layered on to each other, one male, one female, then you have each part take turns playing the melody, whilst striking chords with the one who isn't having a 'turn.') Would definitely grab the "hymn" aspect that you wanted. Right now it kind of reminds me more like a forest grove where magic abounds- or a sweeping vista of a forest at night, lit up by fae and wisps. Either way I like it, really nice wind instrument vst.

11 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

The reverb is a bit heavy, the harp could do with being panned to the left about 10-15% and having it's volume lowered between 10-20%- it should only really be prominent at the start, but later on it almost over-powers the french horn - of course this  my opinion on how I think you could improve the track. You really want that piano to come to the forefront and it's volume being so high clearly implies your intent to have that be, but you should pan it to the center, as right now it's panned slightly to the right. when you look at orchestras with pianos, the piano is almost always centered, to the left of the composer. Feel free to ignore me though, my headset is on the verge of breaking because the wires are coming loose in the controller, so sometimes the sound is a bit distorted from how everyone else hears it.

Today I got my first armor design & 5 icons. I now orderer the designs of the first sword and first shield. I'm getting closer to the first resource's goal. It would be cool to work with the beta 5 but I guess it won't be possible, so I'll probably work with de 4.8.1(even when the chest doesn't work properly, I'll create my own chest system through events to solve this).

90e8d951eecaea5556dfa47d441a090b.jpg

New branding for the team behind Project Mythril. I've left the logo's creator's watermark in this photo as part of his shoutout. Over the last few weeks I've been doing business with Madalin Vlad. He's a graphic designer that I've known since the early days in Eclipse. He gets my gold star of recommendation and I will be returning at one point after have named our game. Definitely check him out if you want some high quality stuff: https://madalinvlad.net/

Without watermark/more focused:

112aadfc8a187b6bad0ab246fd70c74f.png

I've also got another piece of art from our very own @Riptide to show off.

7085ea106dd295111a54d2e3a7765e1e.png

Please let us know what you think! Thanks :D

6 hours ago, Talikan said:

CWHtZdt.png

I'm not pro pixel-artist ^^'

Oh dude it looks so cool! great job!

9 minutes ago, SkywardRiver said:

90e8d951eecaea5556dfa47d441a090b.jpg

New branding for the team behind Project Mythril. I've left the logo's creator's watermark in this photo as part of his shoutout. Over the last few weeks I've been doing business with Madalin Vlad. He's a graphic designer that I've known since the early days in Eclipse. He gets my gold star of recommendation and I will be returning at one point after have named our game. Definitely check him out if you want some high quality stuff: https://madalinvlad.net/

I've also got another piece of art from our very own @Riptide to show off.

22039bf7f0591c1ad3c8a3b536e38cec.png

Please let us know what you think! Thanks :D

I visited his webpage and liked so much his style, maybe I'll ask him to make the logo of the game I'm working on

1 hour ago, Skaveron said:

I demand a tutorial on charging and the beam attacks  :P

Coming up once animations are fixed up ;)

Or maybe sooner if I get bored.

It's just a set cast time for the charging, not dependant on how long you press the button. (Once open source that's the plan though)

Hey guys! This week was my spring break so I tried to take advantage of my time and made another scene for Project Mythril.  It was interesting working with water and tiling (in this style) for the first time and I'm thankful I had Zeta and Sky to help me out during the process. Hope you enjoy!

Scene #4 - Water Mill

Watermill.png.518d5b6c179b117673e86c060265d255.png

-Project Mythril-

Feedback is appreciated.

8 hours ago, Riptide said:

Hey guys! This week was my spring break so I tried to take advantage of my time and made another scene for Project Mythril.  It was interesting working with water and tiling (in this style) for the first time and I'm thankful I had Zeta and Sky to help me out during the process. Hope you enjoy!

Scene #4 - Water Mill

Watermill.png.518d5b6c179b117673e86c060265d255.png

-Project Mythril-

Feedback is appreciated.

What will project mythril actually be developed in and how is development coming along? (also if you add dynamic water I will love you guys forever)

1 hour ago, PhenomenallyLongName4Panda said:

What will project mythril actually be developed in and how is development coming along? (also if you add dynamic water I will love you guys forever)

"Project Mythril" will be developed from a tweaked version of Intersect. We are awaiting its release before we can start actually "working" on the game itself.  As a team, however, we are working on asset creation so that we will be ready once we have our engine. :)

Today I hosted my first ever stream on Twitch. Thank you for those of you who came by and visited, I really appreciated the support! If you did not have the chance to watch, please follow me at RiptidePixels. I will be trying to stream more often now that I've become a bit more accustomed to it.

Scene 5: Riverside Hut

5ad14d2ddd1ac_FishingHut.png.c3ec787b7cb234ac5e2c83b25843d332.png

-Project Mythril-

Feedback is appreciated!