WIP Veridian

dxxknight

Explore.webp

About:

Veridian is a 2d online role playing gamearrow-10x10.png that takes you on an ever expanding adventure in a world known as "Veridian". Created by the 9 old gods who eventually left this universe to create others and left 2 Demi-gods in their wake. Valenessa and Dagan each having their own domain and powers. Valenessa is the goddess of life and all things good. Dagan is the god ofDEATH and all that is evil. Dagan is growing tired of Valenessa's race of humans and began an onslaught to the human world with his own army. Thus your adventure begins!

Media:

Spoiler

8028325a46f004d224fddb6b567451bc.png

For more information check out and sign up on our website!

https://www.veridian2d.com

Also checkout our IndieDB & Discord Channel!

40755.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNXiCjHUYGGyDFAvxlclr

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I posted because life has been busy. I got a new job for a software company and I've been adjusting to some changes dealing with that. Everything is all good now and I have still been working on Veridian every chance I got and got a few people from work joining the team! One of which is a really talented artist who is in the process of converting some of the graphics we use to his style. Anyway here are some pictures of some new areas I've been working on. I have also implemented a new system that will defintely change the gameplay a bit but I don't want to give to much away until we fully tested it to make sure it'll be good. Also I will be trying to post every friday with updates on progress so you won't be left in the dark for so long again hopefully!

Spoiler

e4edadb3b61d2b0c67650b509e623972.png

5d5a81aa4df100631a7d4aaf05680bbe.png8dacb7638eb9821bc014c520f002b4a2.png

55 minutes ago, dxxknight said:

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I posted because life has been busy. I got a new job for a software company and I've been adjusting to some changes dealing with that. Everything is all good now and I have still been working on Veridian every chance I got and got a few people from work joining the team! One of which is a really talented artist who is in the process of converting some of the graphics we use to his style. Anyway here are some pictures of some new areas I've been working on. I have also implemented a new system that will defintely change the gameplay a bit but I don't want to give to much away until we fully tested it to make sure it'll be good. Also I will be trying to post every friday with updates on progress so you won't be left in the dark for so long again hopefully!

Reveal hidden contents

e4edadb3b61d2b0c67650b509e623972.png

5d5a81aa4df100631a7d4aaf05680bbe.png8dacb7638eb9821bc014c520f002b4a2.png

Looking great man! Excited for the future updates :grog:

3/23/2018 Weekly Updated!

This week I didn't get alot of big things done I've just been adding finishing touches on other areas before I move on to new stuff.

Part 1: I Finished this quest and added a secret vault.

Spoiler

eb250a5ccd5a0b50ca62c6300e1d709b.png

Part 2: I added contracts! So there isn't so many big quests dealing with monsters I made a more optional choice of making certain monsters have contracts.

Spoiler

a1c8469f6997c54e54869a838881ace5.png

Finally Part 3 of this weeks update I hinted last week on a new system I added. Basically it's a skill system that adds more role-play. Basically every level your gifted 3 points that you can put into either Mining,crafting,swordskills,bowskills,intelect,wood cutting. The idea behind this is yes you can try to be a jack of all trades but you can never master any of them. A master craftsmen can craft the best armor but can't battle well, or a master swordmen can wield everything but can't forge any of it. In other words you'll need some team work to get your character to where you want to be. Intellect is a fun one because it opens the doors to, if you have high enough intellect you get optional text options or maybe you can spot a secret door no one else can see plus once your intellect is high enough your understanding of the world begins to gift you with magic abilities. So every build has it's perks that the others could benefit from.

Spoiler

01fa3bbfd381b472c3603310f2dd8808.png

P.S Thank you everyone for your kind words it is definitely encouraging for me and the team!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late post but I didn't post anything do to nothing exciting really being done until today! I am currently in the progress with a new game feature that will change how Veridian will play. Basically in the screenshot bellow there is a Fort that 1 player can buy for 10,000 gold. Once you buy this Fort you will become king of that faction. Currently there is only 1 faction but essentially with the crown you put a target on yourself because anyone can kill you and take the crown and become the new king so it's best if you create an army of your friends to help defend you. Because most areas in the game will allow other players to kill each other (adding to the roleplay of the game) as king you'll have to be on the lookout. As king though you get access to your own room inside the fort that only you can access. Also adding to the Fort is a faction special forge! This is really cool because a skilled craftsmen will be able to fashion you and your army in your factions colors so you can differentiate who is part of your army.

Spoiler

df0259e260cc87d48e45baf4f624db7f.png

In other new I recently bought a server from Jcsnider's server hosting so I do have a 24/7 host which is currently just for development but it's really nice to have.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I definitely would love to have some testing so you guys can play but at the moment money is a little tight so I can't afford a host :/ but I'll  definitely keep working at it so when I do get some extra money There will be even more to do.

• 3 weeks later...