jcsnider

JC's Game Launcher & Updater! (Easiest you'll find!)

52 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Sadly the launcher is not self-updating...

Put an second updater to update the first updater :4_joy:

Really a nice update. Gonna download it now.

over an hour to download the updates from google drive and its stuck at 99%

c211e4759fd239e898c9129ae6e8d6f7.png

Update: ok so i closed the launcher out and reopened it and it was updated and said launching game but game didn't launch. Think i will just keep using the old one, atleast it works

1 hour ago, PinkAngel said:

over an hour to download the updates from google drive and its stuck at 99%

c211e4759fd239e898c9129ae6e8d6f7.png

Update: ok so i closed the launcher out and reopened it and it was updated and said launching game but game didn't launch. Think i will just keep using the old one, atleast it works

Would rather just fix the latest and greatest. While download speed might have been shit this time around, that code hasn't changed whatsoever. Send this it to me.

Im not sure about compatibility with the Google drive api. 

Also the launcher isn't configured to launch the client with mono...

Its possible that this could be made to run on Linux/Mac... But I'd be more tempted to make a native app that they could simply double click on. 

I tried just launching it in Linux and it opens but like you said there seems to be a issue with Google Drive API sense it just stands there with "Checking for updates".

Will use this for the windows release for now and look for something else in the meantime.

Can I get a bit of help? I am getting errors when clicking the launcher, thats the log

2018-04-11 20:28:23.188 [Error] Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2018-04-11 20:28:23.189 [Error] Stack Trace:    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at Intersect.Client.Program.Main()
2018-04-11 20:28:23.190 [Error] Stack Trace:    at IntersectClientExtras.Database.GameDatabase.LoadConfigFromXml(String xml) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Client-Extras\IntersectClientExtras\Database\GameDatabase.cs:line 163
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Bridges_and_Interfaces.SFML.Database.MonoDatabase.LoadConfig()
   at Intersect.Client.IntersectGame..ctor()
2018-04-11 20:28:23.190 [Error] Time: 4/11/2018 8:28:23 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a little question as I don't know anything about google drive's api. Can anyone access to the google drive using the info we store on the updater? I mean, could people upload, download or modify the google drive folder using that info?

4 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

I have a little question as I don't know anything about google drive's api. Can anyone access to the google drive using the info we store on the updater? I mean, could people upload, download or modify the google drive folder using that info?

no because google drive is a part of your own google account and if anyone tries to use that info then it will just take them to their own google drive, they can't access yours without having your email and password for google

Hey Jcsnider, I am having issues for some reason with the Launcher. I followed the instructions like you asked and i had it setup and everything was working fine. Now, when I run the launcher, it crashes with an error message saying it stopped running. Any suggestions?

Hello ! I have a problemm, when i launch the updater, it's freezing at 99% and i dont' understant why, a little bit of help will be great, thanks ! 

edit : When i close the updater and i launch it a second time, it's stock in ''no updates found ! Launching game !'' 

(i can't add screenshots if it's necessary)