Vitaly

If i have a project with my friend?

Question

Hello. The question is: If i want to make a game porject with my friends and stuff, then which files i need to send him to so he can and we can work together on a game. For example he is mapper and im items/events etc maker.

48 answers to this question

The only way to have a server 24/24 online would to let the pc open 24/24 too. In your case you cannot, so you will need to buy a vps or find someones who let their pc open 24/24 and accept to host the server.

33 minutes ago, Gibier said:

The only way to have a server 24/24 online would to let the pc open 24/24 too. In your case you cannot, so you will need to buy a vps or find someones who let their pc open 24/24 and accept to host the server.

Well yea. Isnt it possible to get a free vps somehow? Or something like minecraft servers does, if you google how to make free 24/7 mc server you will see alot of tutorials.

20 minutes ago, GeroinEX said:

Here is my question

You can easily make your own theard, this is my theard here.

Also lock this theard, i got my answer i think..

16 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

You can easily make your own theard, this is my theard here.

Also lock this theard, i got my answer i think..

Well it's basically the same question. He/she has just made a mistake of file. After all he/she still can reply on this topic cause making question duplication isn't allowed. So everybody who have the same question technically can't create another post for it. 

You had your answer, maybe you're confuse by my answer ?

38 minutes ago, GeroinEX said:

Here is my question

Wrong file, don't touch the file with a .config or .pdb, making change in those file would break the client. You can find the file that you ask here: [folder]client ->  [folder] resources -> [file] config.xml

change   <Host></Host> <Port></Port> to the public ip and port that the server tell you. 

Mine is:   <Host>72.53.105.41</Host> and <Port>1015</Port> 

4 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Well it's basically the same question. He/she has just made a mistake of file. After all he/she still can reply on this topic cause making question duplication isn't allowed. So everybody who have the same question technically can't create another post for it. 

You had your answer, maybe you're confuse by my answer ?

Wrong file, don't touch the file with a .config or .pdb, making change in those file would break the client. You can find the file that you ask here: [folder]client ->  [folder] resources -> [file] config.xml

change   <Host></Host> <Port></Port> to the public ip and port that the server tell you. 

Mine is:   <Host>72.53.105.41</Host> and <Port>1015</Port> 

Can i change port by myself or which port i have to use? And do you mind turning your server on for a bit, imma try if we can meet there.

My server is always on, you can change the server's port in the config.xml in the resource file of the server. But you will need to open the new port too. 

1 minute ago, Gibier said:

My server is always on, you can change the server's port in the config.xml in the resource file of the server. But you will need to open the new port too. 

How your server is always on? You bought vps or you just run your server pc 24/7?

I always let my pc open even when my server isn't open. The server is running since april except when particular event or that i need to restart it cause of server side change.

8 minutes ago, Gibier said:

I always let my pc open even when my server isn't open. The server is running since april except when particular event or that i need to restart it cause of server side change.

Oh so you are portfowarding too. And if i portfoward i dont have to turn my server on manually, i just have to keep my pc opened?

You will need to bolt open. the server isn't the pc but the server.exe. The pc only run the server.

Portforward only open the port on choosed device on the internet connection to allow other ip to connect on the server.  So you need to do the portforward, have an open pc which run the server. If the server isn't open but the pc is open it will not work. Like as pc which run the server but don't have an portforward will only work on this pc.

6 minutes ago, Gibier said:

You will need to bolt open. the server isn't the pc but the server.exe. The pc only run the server.

Portforward only open the port on choosed device on the internet connection to allow other ip to connect on the server.  So you need to do the portforward, have an open pc which run the server. If the server isn't open but the pc is open it will not work. Like as pc which run the server but don't have an portforward will only work on this pc.

Oh alright. But you said you always let your pc open even if the server isnt running.

4 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Yeah it's true and still is. My server isn't always open (well it is 99% of the time) but my pc is running all the the time.

Oh. But running pc all the day and nights is not really good for pc as i know? I mean pc wants some sleep too :D My friend actually said that he once kept his pc open 1 week and then his screen got fucked, it was purple and some more.

Don't know what append to his pc but mine is open since i have it (except when i need to restart it) so pretty much 3 years, will run atleast another 3 years. Only got BSOD or other error when i had win 7. Maybe the pc of your friend disn't have a sleep mode actived automaticly.

But well let's end this conversation here, it's really are out of the topic now.

5 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Don't know what append to his pc but mine is open since i have it (except when i need to restart it) so pretty much 3 years, will run atleast another 3 years. Only got BSOD or other error when i had win 7. Maybe the pc of your friend disn't have a sleep mode actived automaticly.

But well let's end this conversation here, it's really are out of the topic now.

WAIT ONE MORE THING. So at night when you sleep you just put your pc to sleep mode?

9 minutes ago, Gibier said:

I configured my pc to start the sleeping mode automaticly after X hour, That what i see the pc get out of the sleeping mode when someone/something is trying acces to the my game's server.

Alright, i think thats it, thanks alot!!