Wolfy 2D Engine

TheNuclearWolf

Update 27/01/2017

I have paused development because I am deciding if I want to make it a standalone engine or an asset for unity. I made a poll to see what you guys think.
Other then that there is not much new things to say, I am looking into voxel based terrain, so it can be edited ingame in realtime, but only admins would be able to. If I make this an asset, you would have full control over who gets access to what. and you would be able to use your own features.

8 hours ago, TheNuclearWolf said:

Update 27/01/2017

I have paused development because I am deciding if I want to make it a standalone engine or an asset for unity. I made a poll to see what you guys think.
Other then that there is not much new things to say, I am looking into voxel based terrain, so it can be edited ingame in realtime, but only admins would be able to. If I make this an asset, you would have full control over who gets access to what. and you would be able to use your own features.

Sounds awesome, keep up the great work. :)

Update 31/01/2017
I have been thinking about this tool, and I think I have come to the conclusion that I am going to stop development for now. there are already soo many tools and assets out there to create MMO's.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10589 -- 
Ultimate MMO RPG Kit

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13867 -- uMMO

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/51212 -- uMMORPG

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19339 -- Atavism 2

And that's only a few from the unity's asset store,

I am not quitting on this tool, I will continue researching and learning how I can improve it, and I hope to one day finish it.
I will continue this engine but allot of unexpected changes took place in my life.
I intend to recreate this engine from the ground up.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents.

If you really want to make a 3d mmo game engine that has a market.

Look at 2d engines like the ones here, construct, and clickteam fusion. 

If you can bring simplicity without giving up creative freedom to a 3d environment like they have done for 2d, you will have a marketable product.

The trick is to study how their coding systems work without programming and use a similar logic, but using 3d.  I've tried blueprints, and I like Unreal, but if I could program a 3d game using tools like those in fusion and contruct, that would be worth years to me.

Update 26/02/2017

I have not given up, I am still working on this very often. 

I am remaking the Server & UI.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:40 AM, DaScribe said:

My 2 cents.

If you really want to make a 3d mmo game engine that has a market.

Look at 2d engines like the ones here, construct, and clickteam fusion. 

If you can bring simplicity without giving up creative freedom to a 3d environment like they have done for 2d, you will have a marketable product.

The trick is to study how their coding systems work without programming and use a similar logic, but using 3d.  I've tried blueprints, and I like Unreal, but if I could program a 3d game using tools like those in fusion and contruct, that would be worth years to me.

The editor comes packed with a node editor, animations, and 3d modeling tools to allow maximum customization. The node editor is much like Unreal's blueprints. The editor will also come with a scripting editor, You will be able to use familiar scripts much like c# to do more complex things. The editor is much like the 2d ones, And if you know how to move an object around in 3d space that's about all you need to create any map you want. The editor comes with many different models to get you started.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:40 PM, HeadClot said:

Hey @TheNuclearWolf - Bit of a suggestion here.

Look into Xenko or Atomic Game engine as they are both based off the .Net Framework and will save you allot of time.

My 2 Cents,

HeadClot

I have heard of these game engines. I will check them out when I get a chance!

• 1 month later...

Update 19, 20, 21/04/17

19/04/17

- Mysql Database

- Players, Monsters, NPCs

- Quest Indicators

- PvP System

- Secure network

- Login and Character Selection

20/04/17

- Fixed network-related bugs

- Multiple Channels for chat

- Critical hits and Blocking

- Attributes

- Items & Gold

- Skills, Skillbar, Skill Levels

21/04/17

- Looting

- Trading

- Item shop

- Crafting

- NPC Trading and Quests

I have been spending almost 20 hours a day working on this engine.

I have to setup ranks, Player, Moderator, Admin, Owner.

I will soon start on the editors, the Map editor is the first task.

I got cubes that are players, they can hurt each other :P

Update:

Well, that went well, I was working on making some UI and stuff for pictures and my little brother walked in and was watching, he then decided to press the big blue button on my desktop computer.... Power button... So yeah hopefully I can get some pictures out by tonight.

Update:
Capture.thumb.PNG.35005a84fed41fb9c0b129ed64272da8.PNG

There ya go, it's beautiful!

Ohh found a bug in this picture! Max health 106, took 6 damage now I have 101 should be 100. Could have been health regen but it should not be so fast. - Patched

Update 27/04/2017

I have almost completed the main editor.

The main editor is much like Unity3d it will also have smaller editors such as an item editor that are connected to the main editor.

I am also working on some UI and models to try and get better pictures.

Right now I am working on a way to import new models, animations, textures, sounds & music, and more.

The engine has now has 100+ Textures (2592 X 2592 pixels) along with their Normal, Height and Specular maps by default. 

Been looking at your 3d engine and was wondering if it might work for a project I've been wanting to start up again. I'm looking for an engine to make a 3d animal evolution game(how spore should have been) would not require to many features and would base the it more off the game from snes called E.V.O search for eden.

Is your system using a random world gen or a height map or editor to raise / lower terrain?

Just now, Draken said:

Been looking at your 3d engine and was wondering if it might work for a project I've been wanting to start up again. I'm looking for an engine to make a 3d animal evolution game(how spore should have been) would not require to many features and would base the it more off the game from snes called E.V.O search for eden.

Is your system using a random world gen or a height map or editor to raise / lower terrain?

Well atm the engine is only for MMORPGs
And it is using a height map for terrains.
I intend to create a Node editor, and you will be able to use that to create procedural terrain.
But I recommend using Unity3d for your game/s. 

well the game i want to make will be a mmorpg just not the normal type that people think of. You still gain levels  but you buy body parts which different parts upgrade different stats, also wanted to use like a scale model feature which will make the player larger and give more defense and hp so you could become a giant creature to murder other players. I had a lot of stuff planned for this and just seeing what you was doing I was thinking an eariler version might be possible to turn into this.

Also no quest system in it or npc editor needed. all npcs will just need to be randomized parts and thrown in the world and all them to hunt for food / level themselves up. i dont know just saw what you was doing and could see how it could be possible. I just don't code much now days it drives me insane.