Intersect Beta 1 Released!

jcsnider

1 hour ago, MiniGrief said:

While it would be great that it did for the sake of older PCs, most people have moved on to Windows 7, 8 or 10 and it would make no sense to add support for maybe 1 or 2 people who would use XP. I think it would also require a complete re code of the entire engine to convert so that it would run on XP. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me since I don't actually do any vb.net programming or any similar languages.

Anyway, beta seems amazing and the quest system is a big help.

I want to try it, it did not support xp :P because being lazy to reinstall so I give up trying maybe next time there tips for support xp, but it was impossible because xp is already a different machine. later I will try it when using windows 7

7 hours ago, SCTrav said:

All of my tilesets are longer than 2048, this prompts a message when starting the editor that the tilesets are too large and won't load for older machines, then it disconnects me and exits. What do i do?

Uh, after trying a few more times it let me log in without disconnecting me, nevermind i guess? Also VERY nice job guys!

Larger then 2048 pixels? Wow dude, you should split those into at least two tilesets. That's my recommendation. 

2 hours ago, irvanshihap said:

vb.net not run on window xp :(

Windows XP is ancient. I understand that upgrading costs money but I would recommend it if you have the chance. 

Good luck to the both of you and I hope it works out for you guys. 

@jcsnider and @Kibbelz, thank you both for your hard work and determination. I know @Kibbelz has spent the last few days vigorously knocking out bugs to help get the engine ready for beta. 

Just a general correction; Vb.Net can and will run on Windows XP. The problem lies in using any .Net version over 4 is impossible.. And then that only works if you've upgraded and updated everything to the highest service pack and latest updates available. Still, I would really not suggest using a Windows XP machine in this day and age.

43 minutes ago, CharmingClyde said:

do potions and ability power work?

You can create potions as a consumable item and have them increase your health or whatever that way.

For abilities, I'm guessing you mean spells which can modify most of your stats.

11 minutes ago, MiniGrief said:

You can create potions as a consumable item and have them increase your health or whatever that way.

For abilities, I'm guessing you mean spells which can modify most of your stats.

He means are they functional as consumables didn't work in the prior versions :P

16 minutes ago, Ambard said:

Is the alpha channeling for the png tiles going to be fixed? Totally killed my lighting affects. Looks perfect in editor but seems to reduce the lighting affects to 8 channels instead of 24 in the actual client.

There's a hotfix on the bug tracker forum, they say it will be totally fixed in Beta 2 ^^