Intersect Beta 1 Released!

jcsnider

984549685492.png

Intersect Beta 1 Released!

January 7th 2017

News/Updates

At long last we are finally at Beta!!!!!!!  Intersect now contains all of the primary features we wanted for our engine when we started this project 2 years ago. Instead of going into a sentimental speech let me show you all of the Beta 1 updates :D

Questing! The final editor is done!

Trading, Parties, and Crafting! (Conquer challenges together!)

Remastered Interface! (DarkUI :D)

Our friends at Eclipse showed us where we went wrong, so now we are working to make things right. Only the main editor is dark right now all of the other editors will follow in the upcoming beta releases. I want to give a big shoutout to @Robin. His Eclipse Origins helped Joe and I get started with programming. That alone completely changed the course of our lives. It only felt right that we used his DarkUI library in this new engine. Thanks for everything man!

99e21f732253e5916ada2c89e93d1789.png

Upgrade Instructions (Required for 1.9 Alpha users!)

1. Make a backup of your game!!!!!

2. Open the Server folder. Delete EVERYTHING except Resources.

3. Open the Client and Editor folder. Delete EVERYTHING except Resources.

4. Download the Beta 1 Installation. Extract the files into their respective folders.

5. Download the upgrade resources. Extract them to your Client and Editor folders.

6. Open the Server folder and run the Intersect Migration Tool. Once that is done you are good to go!

Optional: Convert your .mp3 music to .ogg using my converter tool. (Intersect no longer supports mp3 audio)

Download

Click here to visit the download page.

As always, feel free to post comments and questions below!

All of my tilesets are longer than 2048, this prompts a message when starting the editor that the tilesets are too large and won't load for older machines, then it disconnects me and exits. What do i do?

Uh, after trying a few more times it let me log in without disconnecting me, nevermind i guess? Also VERY nice job guys!

Something I forgot to mention originally. Intersect now uses .ogg files for audio and no longer supports .mp3 playback. This was changed for several reasons but primarily to escape mp3s terrible licensing. If you have .mp3 music in your client/editor you can convert them to .ogg using this tool.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

10 minutes ago, irvanshihap said:

vb.net not run on window xp :(

While it would be great that it did for the sake of older PCs, most people have moved on to Windows 7, 8 or 10 and it would make no sense to add support for maybe 1 or 2 people who would use XP. I think it would also require a complete re code of the entire engine to convert so that it would run on XP. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me since I don't actually do any vb.net programming or any similar languages.

Anyway, beta seems amazing and the quest system is a big help.

Fantastic job! I can't even tell you all how excited I am about this. Just checked out all the new features and they seem to work flawlessly. I hope to have some new updated tutorial videos out tonight. The alpha version videos will still work fine so I will update those when I can. Great job Ascension Game dev!!!

Great news!!!

Our team is very excited.

By the way, it seems you changed something regarding how the engine manages .png transparencys, now many of our tilesets look aweful where we used some kind of transparency, like this:

027bed05aea6532272d29ba5faa85cd6.png

d65308defe394315a5e53e61a9576184.png

12 minutes ago, raeven said:

By the way, it seems you changed something regarding how the engine manages .png transparencys, now many of our tilesets look aweful where we used some kind of transparency

I kind of see what you mean as it even affected me a little. Some foliage now has some strange glow around it where it was once transparent for me.

transparentproblem.PNG