[WIP] 4 Good or Evil

Giligis

LvI4v1V.png

using Damian666's "Orion+"

Basic Synopsis

4 Good or Evil is a modern-set game themed in agents vs. the mafia. Play as either team, in a merciless bloodbath for money, power, and control! Loot players houses, own the shops, houses, and every other company located in cities! Mercilessly kill the opposing team whenever seen! Hide from your foes inside buildings, and use a range of abilities to conquer them! Scout various puzzling dungeons that will make you use your mind, and find parts from monsters to build new weapons and armors, maybe even potions!

Support us!

4xGffKS.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4xGffKS.gif

Storyline

Z1 Pharmaceuticals, that's where it all began. They thought they found a cure, a way to save lives like no other. How very wrong they were. Z1 Pharmaceuticals created and developed a new chemical medicine, taken by drinking, that would, over time, essentially heal its patients of cancer. For the first 1-3 years, this was correct, and around the world its cancer patients slowly began to feel better than ever! It was a miracle, and of course Z1 Pharmaceuticals made trillions. 

Then a few more years passed...

and a few more...

And before anyone knew it, or could put their finger on it, strange sightings of alien or disgusting-like creatures reaping menace through cities were spotted more and more frequently. Most of these creatures were locked away in "dungeons", to keep the cities at peace, but this didn't help. The creatures started coming in numbers that us humans could not compete with. They developed a task force known as "The Agents". The Agents were a group of highly intelligent and combat-specialized individuals. The Agents, successfully banished (most) of these creatures to the "dungeons" men created. With a little technology, they sealed them away in ways it would be difficult for anyone to release them, or even get inside and around the place. 

Then people started to catch on...

the news started interviewing people...

and before you knew it...

Z1 Pharmaceuticals was facing the lawsuit of a time. Z1 Pharmaceuticals developed a cure for cancer that over time, completely transformed its patients into bio-chemical creatures, mostly making the body full of ectoplasm, Z1 Pharmaceuticals main ingredient for the product they called "Z1", the suggested "Cure". The ectoplasm was suggested to work that they took over the bodies cells, and the ectoplasm ate the cancer, and this was correct, however, over time, the ectoplasm took over the bodies cells 100% and became full blown "creature-mode". Every member of the Z1 Pharmaceuticals company was put to death, over a very very long trial. Some were put to death through lethal injection, and some put to death through the chivalry of an unknown person. 

These "unknown people" that helped killed the rest of Z1 Pharmaceuticals, who weren't put through lethal injection was a group called "The Mafia". The Mafia was a group created to kill The Agents, who's goal and sole purpose is to rid of ectoplasm, The Mafia see's it different. The Mafia wants to obtain this ectoplasm for money and power. They want to use the ectoplasm to destroy those who oppose them, and potentially trade it to big corporations on the black market for giant quantities of cash. 

The Agents, The Mafia, you choose.

Screenshots

I do not have much to put in this area however I am using the "Old School Modern Asset Pack" by finalbossblues, pack can be found here: https://finalbossblues.itch.io/old-school-modern

I will use the below image to showcase the graphics until I have more to put in this area. 

Meadowview City (Beginning Area) 

Somewhat Unfinished, all the houses with signs are shops. 4 different types of shops available, Cafe, where you can buy food and drinks to make sure your hunger level is okay, they also have a bathroom, where you can use to replenish your hygiene bar a tiny bit. Gun store, don't think I got to explain that, sells guns and ammo, and body armor store, sells armors that increase health or defence. (Since there is no stats such as str, int, etc that we will use in the game). Inns will allow you to sleep there free of charge, replenishing your sleep bar. 

b3V1cs7.gif

Reloading/Projectiles Exploding upon Impact

Thank you @Damian666 couldnt have done it better!

vkI7gvv.gif

Different Paperdolls!

Thank you @Toahst you did a wonderful job<3

6EvcLpS.gif

We're Recruiting!

We are currently only searching for a mapper and a developer to cover items, NPC's etc etc, if you are interested, send me a PM!

Features

• Loot Player Houses - Players will be able to loot each others houses. Players must lockpick the front door, and the chest containing cash and items. If a player is offline, you can only pick UP TO 3 items from their chest, no cash. If online, the player who's house you are looting will be alerted, in which he can teleport to his house, free of charge, in which you should teleport, or the player who's looting your house has free access to your whole bank, all its items, all the cash. Get ready for looting bloodbaths.
  • Explore Dungeons and Solve Puzzles - Dungeons will have creatures that drop ectoplasm or parts to make new weapons, armor, or potions. Solve puzzles and explore the dungeons secrets to reveal a boss that will be worth the time and effort!
  • Craft New Weapons and Armors - Players will be able to craft new armors, weapons, and potions through dropped items in dungeons. Dungeons will be the heart of soul of PvE here at 4 Good or Evil, aside from getting XP from killing other players. 
  • Dominate the City! - Players will be able to buy shops, houses, companies, etc. If a player owns a shop or company, they will receive all the Cash spent there inside their chest at their player house. If one whole faction (Agents or Mafia) own the whole city, you get double what's spent there in your chest. 
  • Fluffy Pets to Ferocious Pets - Thanks to Damian's recent update, we can now feature pets that will assist players in combat!
  • Player Houses - Obviously, (lol) we will have player houses. Player houses will be the only way to store items and Cash, and can be decorated with tons of furniture. 
  • Awesome PvP System - Its open world! Agents vs. Mafia! Fight to the death, players will drop all items except 3 upon death, as well as Insignia's that can be traded in game for better weapons or armors or resources to craft them. 
  • Sell Drugs - Some NPCs have a certain fix! For some extra work and time, you can get some drugs to sell to them. Some NPC's might try to rob you for them, so be careful! Drugs will increase combat aspects, with an eventual side-effect. 
  • Hunger, Hygiene, and Sleep - You will need to keep your character fed, make sure he takes regular showers, and sleeps every night. Being logged out will not affect hunger, hygiene, or sleep. 

- 4 ACTUAL hours without food, you will die, dropping ALL your items, unlike dying to an NPC or Player where you would get to keep 3 items

- 48 ACTUAL hours without taking a shower, you will smell and cannot talk to NPC's until you take a shower

- 12 ACTUAL hours without sleep and your character will fall asleep where he is standing for 5 minutes. You are in a state of paralysis and cannot move, players on the map will be alerted that a player has fallen asleep and will give coordinates of the sleeping players location

More will be in this section in due-time. 

6 hours ago, yeroC said:

You mean for the tile sets or the map itself? I'm a bit confused, but thank you nonetheless! If you can specify what you mean a little more I'll be sure to clean it to up!

I think he means the lines on the ground and the lines surrounding the parking lot. ( I can tell these are supposed to represent parking line paint and the edges of the street (concrete?) )

Also the game looks great, love the concept - sort of brings back memories of Mafia custom games from WC3 and SC2 ! 

Ah, well that map may or may not be in the game, just really showcasing the graphics more than anything. The project is in its beginning stages, currently making sure we have everything we will need. Thank you for the feedback, glad you like it! I wanted a sims like feel while combining some sort of modern combat RPG mix, it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds but I'm very eager to tackle this project.

Also! I'll be posting an update shortly with some new gun paperdolls @Toahst has wonderfully created, special thanks to him!

Update: Gyazo will kill the quality but here's a little sneak peak, we will be changing the front and back views so for now I'll just showcase the side views. Walah! 

1b50d03e2b9b5c7cd0f3bfb4f1d4edc5.giff7fc10bbccd709f0bad06c81c2e0d82f.gif

4 hours ago, Damian666 said:

dibs on the programmer job xD

PM me if you can get started immediately. Only looking for 2 things at the moment on the list for a beta release. 

1 hour ago, ashmer said:

Are you all still looking for a mapper?

Yes. If you have any example maps you've made in the past, please PM me them! Can also add me on Skype CMFiend420 and we can talk and sort through things that way.

2 hours ago, yeroC said:

PM me if you can get started immediately. Only looking for 2 things at the moment on the list for a beta release. 

wait till I get the current housing system up to par, then I can start, not only for me, but also for yourself.

I'm making housing independent of players, so you can go to houses when players are not online etc. :)

1 hour ago, xSherwiNx said:

payed for pixel artist :D

i recently learned how to pixel art properly with proper shading

3d923d7152e64c77814b19662f71bd6c.png

Pixel artist is paid too! Currently have Toahst though! Good job on the latest piece dude, you've come a long way!

10 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

wait till I get the current housing system up to par, then I can start, not only for me, but also for yourself.

I'm making housing independent of players, so you can go to houses when players are not online etc. :)

Ahh, very nice. I'm going to need it so you players houses are locked by default. Add a "lockpick" item to item editor, all it is, is you set a certain % of success to lockpick, fail says "You failed to lockpick the door", sucess says "You sucessfully lock picked the door!" and your warped inside. Then if the player who's house it is, is offline, you can only steal 3 items. If they are online, it sends warning to player, they can instantly warp to house, and if you kill them, you can loot their whole bank and all its cash. I'll have to work on making it so banks in houses are just for that player too I suppose. This with reload speed, R to reload, and magazine size, and we are ready for beta!

Anyways! Moving on, little update from Toahst and I've got to say I'm REALLY satisfied with the way it came out. He made changes to the sprite, so it would look like they're actually shooting. Here's a little sneak peak! Again, Gyazo kills quality :( 

0215eb50f1e37edb66be78f2894e2b74.gif

On 12/31/2016 at 4:01 PM, Zetasis said:

That looks much better! I'll definitely give this game a go when it's ready. 

Thank you! I appreciate it<3

On 1/1/2017 at 8:59 PM, irvanshihap said:

looking great,good luck :D

Thanks you for the kind words!

Here in about 30 minutes or so, I'm going to upload a little teaser video of some of the beginning agent maps. Since Toahst has finished the paperdolls, I'll also be showcasing a few guns to show you what we're working with here!

Well, thanks to @Damian666 wonderful coding ability we now have clip sizes and reloading! Big thank you to him. 

When we we launch our first test I'm planning on having SOME, and not all of the features planned, that will be our full release. Planning our first test to consist of being able to craft new guns, player houses, pets, the puzzle dungeons, things of that nature. Features like looting players houses and such will be for the final release, but I guarantee lots of fun and hours to sink into the game. Plan on the game having very comedic dialogue, as well as silly yet extremely thoughtful storylines and quests. Really adds another level of environment to the game, and I think really captures the style I think you guys will love it. I'll release a small video showcasing reloading soon!

Edit: Support us<3

4xGffKS.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4xGffKS.gif

• 9 months later...

I apologize in advance for the double post.

Over the last few weeks, I’ve seemed to have more time on my hands, and I will be picking this project back up. I’ll have some things I’ve done to showcase new progress. Stick with us folks!!!